Thread: 13. Adjournment and Closing Comments

Blog Entries

Default 13. Adjournment and Closing Comments

Thank you everyone who participated in this meeting and also those who ran for or offered themselves as volunteers in positions as officers or members of committees.

I am a bit surprised that there was no commentary on the FIDE election and the choice that the board has made in supporting George Makropoulos. I guess that the alternative candidates did not generate much excitement. If you want discussion on this topic you can use the thread in CFC news or start another thread on the voting members forum.

I want to thank Ken Craft who has been vice president and member of the board of directors as long as I can recall. We have occasionally disagreed but his advice was always appreciated. I sure hope that he remains involved in CFC affairs as he is a sensible man who I enjoyed working with and hope to work with again in the future. l would also like to thank Undriadi Benggawan who did a fine job in the very difficult youth portfolio this year. I would like to welcome Egidijus Zeromskis to the board as Vice President and Christina Tao as our new Youth Coordinator. Surprisingly Christina is the first woman ever to serve on the CFC board of directors. I look forward to working with both of you along with holdovers Lyle Craver, Hal Bond, Mark Dutton and Fred McKim. Hopefully we can continue and perhaps even accelerate the pattern of growth that we have enjoyed recently.

I will continue to monitor the forum for any new postings to this meeting until the scheduled close and then we will close all the threads and adjourn the meeting. I think we will aim for the next quarterly meeting in the vicinity of November 11 to November 18 though we may shorten it to four or five days. I will discuss the idea with the executive and firm up the dates once we have had a discussion of the idea. Make sure that Lyle has your email address so that we can notify you of the meeting via email.

George Makropoulos is by far the best of the three candidates. I did not mention the FIDE elections because I am confident the the Executive has made the right choice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    George Makropoulos is by far the best of the three candidates. I did not mention the FIDE elections because I am confident the the Executive has made the right choice.
    I totally agree with you on that.