Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10. Bids for 2019 / 2020 Events

Hi Aris,

I hope it does not conflict with Ontario Chess Challenge which is in April too. Someone highlighted to me

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hua View Post
    This looks like a great chess festival coming up in 2019.

I look forward to the tournament already. Definitely will be there as it is about 2-3 hours away only.

Hopefully more information coming up in the next few months so that more people can start planning for the festival.

Cheers for Chess in Canada
    Thanks to everyone for your positive support! We're excited too. However, we gotta get some fundamental numbers right first, and then build the house on top of that.

(if there's any potential conflicts, please feel free to send any relevant details to arismarghetis at rogers dot com - I'm very keen on considering innovative solutions)

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    I have initiated discussing with Hal, the possibility of Eastern Ontario (led by myself), running the 2019 Canadian Closed (perhaps with the Womens', etc). However, I don't know that we'll be able to report back in time before this meeting concludes.
    For the Women Closed, FIDE has not yet awarded the next Women WC. According to the agenda of the 89th FIDE congress, no bid has been received.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123