Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 5.G New Business

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tecumseh, ON
    Posts
    3,209
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default 5.G New Business

    This is the thread for any new business not already listed on the agenda.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,357

    Default World Senior Team Championship

    For your information:

    Canada will be represented at World Senior Team Championship this year - please see:
    http://schachfestival.de/world-team-...strations.html

    12. CAN Canada 2231
    1. IM David H. Cummings 2336
    2. FM Victor Plotkin 2244
    3. FM Ian T. Findlay 2209
    4. IM Michael Barron 2135

    Team Captain: Victor Plotkin
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kanata, Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    For your information:

    Canada will be represented at World Senior Team Championship this year - please see:
    http://schachfestival.de/world-team-...strations.html

    12. CAN Canada 2231
    1. IM David H. Cummings 2336
    2. FM Victor Plotkin 2244
    3. FM Ian T. Findlay 2209
    4. IM Michael Barron 2135

    Team Captain: Victor Plotkin
    Good luck men!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tecumseh, ON
    Posts
    3,209
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Yes, good luck!

  5. #5

    Default

    It is time to begin thinking about who Canada will support for FIDE president. A vote should be taken at the AGM. One candidate has been sent to the FIDE Ethics Commission for undisclosed reasons.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tecumseh, ON
    Posts
    3,209
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    It has been established by precedent and the debates we had in 2014 that the directors will determine the Chess Federation of Canada's vote in FIDE presidential elections. We have been contacted directly by one candidate and indirectly by another. Nigel Short has not made any contacts with us. Two of the candidates have some issues.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 06-03-2018 at 11:37 AM.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    It has been established by precedent and the debates we had in 2014 that the directors will determine the Chess Federation of Canada's vote in FIDE presidential elections.
    We should debate that at the next AGM. The VM deserve at least a straw vote on this matter.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tecumseh, ON
    Posts
    3,209
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    So set one up on the voting members forum. It seems to me that two of the candidates are not very viable.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tecumseh, ON
    Posts
    3,209
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/showthread.php?4751-2018-FIDE-Elections-Straw-poll

    I have made it easy for you. Poll closes in three days.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 06-03-2018 at 08:23 PM.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/showthread.php?4751-2018-FIDE-Elections-Straw-poll

    I have made it easy for you. Poll closes in three days.
    Thank you!

    I have voted for the only serious candidate, but more candidates may show-up later and I could change my mind.

    What is the deadline for presenting a FIDE presidential ticket?

    I hope that more persons will stand because with only those three, the choice is clear, we have almost no choice at all because, as you said, two of those candidates do not seem to be viable.

    My choice in this group of three is Georgios Makropoulos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •