Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gerry (or anyone who knows Swiss Assistant)

Question Gerry (or anyone who knows Swiss Assistant)

Exactly how would I include colours in my Swiss Assistant report? The CFC would need them to submit to FIDE for their rating. Thanks and regards, Aris.

Blog Entries

Probably an oversight in the program... I would suggest including your wall charts when you submit the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon
    Probably an oversight in the program... I would suggest including your wall charts when you submit the event.
    I already sent in my FIDE-style wall chart, but I was informed that I needed the program report to avoid an extra $2 per player. So, since I now rate all my Regular tournaments CFC & FIDE, are you saying that I have to submit both my wall chart (soft copy, mind you) and an extra stripped down report?

oooh, this makes me feel so bloody appreciated as an Organizer/TD, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis
    Exactly how would I include colours in my Swiss Assistant report? The CFC would need them to submit to FIDE for their rating. Thanks and regards, Aris.
    This is a very cranky way, and it is not documented:

You enter normal way, but after the result you include the color:
    Ww1
    Wb3
    etc.

There is one (or maybe more) drawbacks. The "color" is not shown for the opponent (thus you may enter that for them as well)

After finishing all crosstable, make a report. The file *.tms hold a color information as well. Don't make any sorting, as all your work will be lost

Than you would pass all this head-pain to the CFC ED
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis
    This is a very cranky way, and it is not documented:

You enter normal way, but after the result you include the color:
    Ww1
    Wb3
    etc.

There is one (or maybe more) drawbacks. The "color" is not shown for the opponent (thus you may enter that for them as well)

After finishing all crosstable, make a report. The file *.tms hold a color information as well. Don't make any sorting, as all your work will be lost

Than you would pass all this head-pain to the CFC ED
    um, I'm sorry, but I don't understand ... what is the exact format to use?

um, I'm sorry, but I don't understand ... what is the exact format to use?
    Aris, it would be better if you would use for the FIDE report SwissSys or smth else but SwissAssistant.

Anyway the format:

RcNr

R - result (Win, Lost, Unplayed)
    c - color (white, black)
    Nr - opponent's # (1, 3, 15)

Enter only once for the pair

14. Somebody Wb16
    16 Anybody L14 (this is created automatically)

good luck.
    .*-1

Hi Aris,

When Bob was ed, I use to run the utility in SwissSys that generated the FIDE report. With Gerry, I just send him the Xc file (X= number of rounds).

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Ficzere
    Hi Aris,

When Bob was ed, I use to run the utility in SwissSys that generated the FIDE report. With Gerry, I just send him the Xc file (X= number of rounds).
    Thanks Egidijus and Tony.

By the way, Egidijus, your idea works for the first opponent, but then unless I turn off automatic opponent update, it strips the format down for the opponent, requiring twice the data entry. Are you sure that the CFC rating programs can read that format? I can't get a hold of Gerry to check ...

Tony, I was using Swiss Assistant to just enter the crosstables. Are you saying that I need to re-install Swiss-Sys, and fake the event through it?

P.S. Does anyone know what Gerry's hours are this week, especially today?

By the way, Egidijus, your idea works for the first opponent, but then unless I turn off automatic opponent update, it strips the format down for the opponent, requiring twice the data entry. Are you sure that the CFC rating programs can read that format? I can't get a hold of Gerry to check ...

Tony, I was using Swiss Assistant to just enter the crosstables. Are you saying that I need to re-install Swiss-Sys, and fake the event through it?
    Probably, the method for SwissAssistant is not accepted by the CFC rating programs. And the best is to start faking (How many players manually re(-)pair?) Unless you have some other program which can generate a FIDE report.

It would much more helpful to have a CFC standard in the text format, that even with the simple text editor is possible to create a rating report including FIDE.
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis
    Probably, the method for SwissAssistant is not accepted by the CFC rating programs. And the best is to start faking (How many players manually re(-)pair?) Unless you have some other program which can generate a FIDE report.

It would much more helpful to have a CFC standard in the text format, that even with the simple text editor is possible to create a rating report including FIDE.
    It looks like the rest of my afternoon will be blown re-creating the whole event in Swiss-Sys. I am too pissed off to say anything else now. I'll get it done for the sake of the players, and then ask some tough questions later.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me figure this out. Much appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast