Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5B7 - NEW MOTIONS-Games Played Outside the CFC (Moved Paul Leblanc seconded Denommee)

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Only the requesting player would be rated.
    Vlad, thanks.

I'm not in favor of this one mostly because I'm not in favor of doing this sort of thing for any rating system other than FIDE.

I am more interested in the possibility of quarterly "updating" the cfc quick rating with reference to the CMA rating. Most tournament suitable for cfc quick rating are junior tournaments. I believe the cfc quick rating is a pool of dead water now. I organize junior tournaments and rate short game tournaments by CMA instead of cfc quick rating. Not that I do not want to use the cfc quick rating, just that the cfc quick rating is too far off from the junior players' real rating that it is a waste of money and time to use it.
    Last edited by Michael Lo; 11-26-2016 at 04:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Its not really possible as that would be comparing apples and oranges. I recall objecting when active ratings were lumped in with blitz ratings. I feared that they would slide into irrelevance and that is what happened.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Its not really possible as that would be comparing apples and oranges. I recall objecting when active ratings were lumped in with blitz ratings. I feared that they would slide into irrelevance and that is what happened.
    Vlad. I think that Quick Chess Tournaments are more frequent than Active Chess used to be. You can ask Bob G, but I'm sure he'll agree with me. We have never used the ratings to compare players nationally, and I suspect rating pools are far more prevalent here than in the Regular ratings. I have asked Bob to update the Quick ratings (Paul has no objection) to fall more in line with their regular rating under certain circumstances. Bob might have an update on when that will take place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12