Rumours are circulating that one or two tornadoes touched down and made their way through Lasalle and Windsor yesterday. I was scheduled to teach a lesson at the home of Rohan Talukdar at 8 pm last night but about the time I was scheduled to head over the weather got quite rough and I cancelled the lesson and rescheduled for next Monday evening. Good thing. In order to cross the city I have to take the only east/west expressway in the city and right about the time I would have been travelling the tornado was hitting an area just south of the expressway (literally 50 to 100 yards away. The brunt of the damage was about the midpoint of the route that I would have taken not very far from where Mad Science that took over the Windsor Chess Challenge had their office from whom I borrowed the sets that we used for the Caesars Windsor Summer of Chess tournaments.

As far as I know everyone survived with only property damage to cars and buildings including some homes in Lasalle (which is on the western edge of Windsor) and Windsor. I taught a lesson there today and there was no sign of damage in the area I visited (just on the edge of Windsor).