Thread: 6.1 Chess Foundation of Canada Trustees - 4 year term

Default 6.1 Chess Foundation of Canada Trustees - 4 year term

The Chess Foundation of Canada is elected by the Voting Members of the Chess Federation of Canada and consists of FIVE members - 4 elected for a 4 year term (one elected each year) plus a 5th member elected for a one year term.

This thread is for nominations for the 4 year term. Nominations close at 6pm ET August 11 (Day 3) with elections continuing through 6pm ET August 15 - day 7. (Note that this is NOT the same polling period as for the positions nominated in threads 4.1 -> 4.9

The present Chess Foundation board is: (please note that 2015 means "expires at the 2015 AGM" - e.g. this one)

2011-2015 Micah Hughey
    2012-2016 Paul Leblanc
    2013-2017 Hans Jung
    2014-2018 Hugh Brodie
    2015-2015 Garland Best

What this means is that Micah Hughey (4 year term) and Garland Best (1 year term) will be leaving the Foundation board with the new board being Leblanc, Jung and Brodie plus the new 4 year trustee and the new 1 year trustee to be elected by the meeting of incoming VMs.

Please post nominations for the open 4 year position here.

In concert with our Nova Scotia executive, I am in the process of attempting to create a chess foundation for our Nova Scotia branch. I'd like to put my name forward for either of the 1 or 4 year positions. As part of my resume, in my previous life was a financial adviser / stock broker with Midland Doherty (before it was taken over by Scotia MacLeod). Having said that, I'm also prepared to bow out if there are other interested parties.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Lombard View Post
    In concert with our Nova Scotia executive, I am in the process of attempting to create a chess foundation for our Nova Scotia branch. I'd like to put my name forward for either of the 1 or 4 year positions. As part of my resume, in my previous life was a financial adviser / stock broker with Midland Doherty (before it was taken over by Scotia MacLeod). Having said that, I'm also prepared to bow out if there are other interested parties.
    If you are elected Lloyd, you would be the first member from Atlantic Canada in at least 40 years.

Given Lloyd's experience, I nominate him for the 4 year position.

Micah Hughey has indicated to me that he does not wish to stand
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer, Chess Foundation of Canada
    CFC Voting Member

Blog Entries

I nominate Lyle Craver for both the four year and one year term positions. If there are only two people interested I suggest we have one vote and the person who gets more votes be elected to the four year position and the other applicant taking the one year position.

See my notice on 6.2. If Garland needs a nomination to compete for the 4 year position, I nominate him.
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer, Chess Foundation of Canada
    CFC Voting Member