Thread: 3. President's Welcome

Blog Entries

Default 3. President's Welcome

I would like to welcome the voting members to the October 2014 quarterly meeting of the Chess Federation of Canada.

I would like to extend my congratulations to Qiyu Zhou of Ottawa for her win of the world youth chess championship in the under 14 girl's category in Durban, South Africa. This is the second year in a row where we have had a world champion from Canada. Well done Qiyu!

There are a number of policy issues which are up for discussion including modifying the qualification rules for the Olympiad to increase the number of games required, the youth committee, a tournament committee and a handbook committee.

We have a motion to deal with rating gaps between FQE, CFC, FIDE and USCF ratings usually in instances where players play more in a non-CFC rating system than they do in the CFC. We have a second housekeeping motion which will add a clause to Handbook section 436 which indicates that FQE members are entitled to the same treatment as CFC members if they wish to have a foreign tournament rated by the CFC.

I wish you all a productive meeting.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 10-18-2014 at 11:46 PM.