I too would prefer more time to evaluate the bid.

That said, in the days before the online AGM it was common for bids to be presented that no one other than those physically got the chance to see ahead of time. This is one of the things we hoped to improve on with the Online AGMs but we're still in a transitional stage.

At least this way we have representation from coast to coast (though NS and NL are not represented here as no nominations were received) which is definitely not the case in the old days - I well remember giving my proxy to the chair with instructions that it was to be voted (a) by any BCCF Executive or BC Governor present or (b) any Governor from AB/SK/MB present but (c) in no case to be voted by _____". The president overlooked point C and gave my proxy to the player noted as the one I >didn't< want my proxy voted by because he was from Thunder Bay and was thus the westernmost Governor present! (To be fair the Governor did fairly vote my proxy and the president was very apologetic afterwards)

There is no doubt that the days where we could have an AGM with 4 provinces (not counting Quebec which would make 5) totally unrepresented are gone forever. No question about it the present system is huge work for the President and Secretary but that's the price we've voluntarily agreed to pay.

Yes we could do better on bid presentations. However there is no question that this year despite our participation being nowhere near 100% (which annoys me no end) our participation is undeniably broader than before and we no longer have travesties such as the one referred to above where the AGM was in a geographically isolated location.