Thread: CYCC: Last Announcements

Thumbs up CYCC: Last Announcements

The CYCC starts Tuesday, so it's about time we give more details about the arrival process.

The first game starts at 10 but everyone needs to be there before 9:30 to check-in and make sure you are on the lists, in the right section, as a CFC member. The pairings will be done at 9:30, and we will make sure everyone who has checked in has an opponent. If you don't check in and there happens to be a mistake in your registration process, you might not get paired for the round and we won't be able to do anything about it. Details on the info document. You will also find complete information about the side events on this document:
    http://echecsmontreal.ca/cycc/info_cycc.pdf

Please make sure your children are CFC members. I went through the whole list yesterday. All membership statuses are up-to-date. If you register with the CFC (not through our website) in the next week, you NEED to email me about it because it might not show on the CFC lists before the tournament starts. We will pair EVERYONE who checks in for the first round, no exception. However, kids with expired CFC memberships will not be paired for the second round. 60 kids are still missing their memberships and we can't deal with them one at a time. Pre-registered list:
    http://echecsmontreal.ca/cycc/PreinscriptionsCYCC.html

We will NOT accept on site registrations. Online registration closes Monday (July 14) night.

If you need anything, email me at romansg@fqechecs.qc.ca, or call (514) 252-3034 (on workdays).

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Jung-Doknjas View Post
    60 kids are still missing their memberships
    Ouch! It looks like a busy weekend for the CFC office!

I will be monitoring the online membership system closely from now till the end of day on monday.
    If you are experiencing difficulties, please email me at info@chess.ca immediately.

The system is not very user friendly, so if you find it frustrating, you are not alone.
    The systems will be improved, eventually, in the fullness of time. yada yada yada

Here are a few helpful hints:

Do not try to login into the website. This is for website administration only.
    The system will NOT ask you who you are buying the membership for.
    If it isn't obvious to me, you can expect an email asking for details.
    If you wish to preempt me and send an email, please quote the ORDER number.
    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; 07-11-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    Do not try to login into the website. This is for website administration only.
    Move that login link down the page out of sight.
    .*-1

60 membership left (out of 300) isn't that much, so it's already a good first step. However, I don't think many of them will buy it this weekend... We sent so many emails that those who still haven't renewed it probably just don't check their emails often... We will be collecting all the memberships on site and those who do not pay will not be paired
    At least the office won't be receiving payments for months as for some of the previous years, so we can get ready for the WYCC.