Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4.6A Nomination for General/7th Director Position (formerly Past-President

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    Once again, we are allowed 3-10 directors. We had 7 under the old rules, so it makes sense that we would continue with 7 unless a vote was held to change this number.
    History is fine. Though, was it somehow documented/voted by somebody from 2014May/June/July that the CFC will have 7 directors. I don;t recall that there was a number in new bylaws.
    .*-1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    History is fine. Though, was it somehow documented/voted by somebody from 2014May/June/July that the CFC will have 7 directors. I don;t recall that there was a number in new bylaws.
    There are no new by-laws they have to be written. The CFC had 7 Directors under the old by-laws - so what you number would you prefer ? It is clear from the NFP Act as approved by us, that there can be Directors who are not Officers of the corporation.

There are no new by-laws they have to be written. The CFC had 7 Directors under the old by-laws - so what you number would you prefer ? It is clear from the NFP Act as approved by us, that there can be Directors who are not Officers of the corporation.
    Fred, my point is WHO and WHEN decided on 7, why not 9.

As for "can be Directors who are not Officers of the corporation." - My university's Physics Faculty (or department) runs an annual show - the main committee has a position of a "Free-Air Minister" with an empty portfolio for a guy with an experience in many fields.
    .*-1

Blog Entries

Fred, my point is WHO and WHEN decided on 7, why not 9.

As for "can be Directors who are not Officers of the corporation." - My university's Physics Faculty (or department) runs an annual show - the main committee has a position of a "Free-Air Minister" with an empty portfolio for a guy with an experience in many fields.
    I believe the Governors asked for the new NFP Committee to keep things AS CLOSE as possible to the way they were. Remember this ?

I believe the Governors asked for the new NFP Committee to keep things AS CLOSE as possible to the way they were. Remember this ?
    Who are on the new NFP Committee?

This is news to me .... but I assume it goes like this.

We need to have at least 7 Directors (Executive). We cannot have any unelected Executive (I'm assuming this is the new rule). If we had known about this earlier we could have selected one of the former non-executive director positions as a director position.

Alternatively we could call this position "Senior Advisor" or something.
    Are you trying to get an advise from Mark Dutton?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    Who are on the new NFP Committee?
    The 2nd Committee consisted of Vlad Drkulec, Frank Lee, and Pierre Denommee. None of the 1st Committee, offered their services twice.

The next step, I think is rewriting the by-laws to be compliant. There will probably be new group involved in that. Already, VP candidate, Ken Craft, has volunteered.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    Are you trying to get an advise from Mark Dutton?
    No. No. I was just commenting on the fact that there is no formal title for this "7th / General" Director. So far the only nomination is Mark Dutton, who sat on the Board of Directors last year, as past-president.

Any CFC member can be nominated for this position.

The discussion took place here: http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...rofit%29-Rules

Number of Directors
    The board shall consist of the number of directors specified in the articles. If the articles provide for a minimum and maximum number of directors, the board shall be comprised of the fixed number of directors as determined from time to time by the members by ordinary resolution or, if the ordinary resolution empowers the directors to determine the number, by resolution of the board. In the case of a soliciting corporation the minimum number of directors may not be fewer than three (3), at least two of whom are not officers or employees of the Corporation or its affiliates.

Can you cite an article?
    .*-1

Blog Entries

The discussion took place here: http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...rofit%29-Rules

Number of Directors
    The board shall consist of the number of directors specified in the articles. If the articles provide for a minimum and maximum number of directors, the board shall be comprised of the fixed number of directors as determined from time to time by the members by ordinary resolution or, if the ordinary resolution empowers the directors to determine the number, by resolution of the board. In the case of a soliciting corporation the minimum number of directors may not be fewer than three (3), at least two of whom are not officers or employees of the Corporation or its affiliates.

Can you cite an article?
    Sure, I'll go looking if I end up with time to take that on. In any event what you've produced here doesn't seem to contradict using 7.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast