Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.6A Nomination for General/7th Director Position (formerly Past-President

Thanks Vlad.

As former President of the CFC before your term and as a Executive Vice-President for 10 years - I will accept this nomination and stand for the "Board".

Some continuity with the new elected Executive would be a valuable thing.

Mark S. Dutton, I.A., I.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I nominate Mark Dutton to continue as a member of the board of directors. Mark was automatically a board member as past president. We cannot have past presidents as automatic members of the board but we can have past presidents as an elected member of the board and ask that the voting members vote for our past president as a member of the board.

Blog Entries

It's still not clear if this was meant as a YES or NO vote or open to others to throw their hat in the ring for this extra "Director" position.

Vlad. Still waiting for the interpretation on this.

The NFP act allows for a corporation to have a minimum of 3 and of maximum of 10 Directors. This is equivalent to what we called the Executive / Board of Directors, previously. We have had 7 for quite some time.

By all means if there are other nominations let us hear them.

I would have thought the term "Nomination" in the name of this thread would indicate other nominations are welcome but if it has to be explicitly stated so be it.

The two required items in a nomination are the name of the person nominated and some indication (and the CFC has always been flexible on what this means) that he/she accepts his/her nomination and is willing to serve if elected. A seconder to a nomination is NOT needed for the nomination to be valid.

Legally as previously stated, if you're signed into the meeting you are presumed to have accepted any nomination if you do not specifically decline it. A nominee NOT present has either 10 or 15 days (I'd have to go back to the act to verify which) to accept / decline a nomination.

For myself if there are two candidates that are nominated one who has accepted and one not I almost always vote for the confirmed nominee unless I have strong reasons otherwise. That's me - as they say "your mileage might vary"

Blog Entries

Lyle. Is it possible to edit the name of the thread, to make it more understandable.

Nomination for 7th/General Director Position (formerly Past-President) .... or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    Nomination for 7th
    Can anybody clarify: where and when "7" came into an action?
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    The pro-Kasparov GTCL trio would have absolute control over chess in Canada probably forever if you let this one issue of the FIDE election dominate the way the vote is conducted.
    As a person from the GTCL I DEMAND an apology.
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    As a person from the GTCL I DEMAND an apology.
    The issue of FIDE election goes much deeper... I'll publish soon everything regarding it - almost done!

I've just copied one of the posts from the Chess Talk:

One of the posters has written that he likes the incumbent because he gets his hands dirty. Here is the post I've mentioned: "Someone who gets their hands dirty usually makes a better EMPLOYEE than leader. Vlad himself recognizes this each time he talks about his work with kids in Windsor. Continuing as CFC President would actually diminish Vlad's contributions to Canadian chess: the Windsor kids would suffer without him, and the CFC membership would suffer with him.

What' needed for leadership is flexibility, openness, honesty and integrity, people skills and Vlad has none of these".
    Last edited by Sasha Starr; 07-07-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    Lyle. Is it possible to edit the name of the thread, to make it more understandable.

Nomination for 7th/General Director Position (formerly Past-President) .... or something.
    Unfortunately you've identified one of the "features" of vBulletin I am most annoyed with.

Among other things there's a typo in one of the Thread titles that I would have fixed for the Executive member who posted it had I been able to do so. A simple typo but....

(As opposed to the actual body of a message which can always be editted both by the author of the message and by the moderator - in practice about the ONLY time I do this is with an Agenda that Vlad and I have been jointly working on - and when I edit his stuff it's almost always formatting to improve readability and nothing else)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    Can anybody clarify: where and when "7" came into an action?
    Once again, we are allowed 3-10 directors. We had 7 under the old rules, so it makes sense that we would continue with 7 unless a vote was held to change this number.

Blog Entries

Lyle, as Moderator I would ask you to consider removing non-relevant posts from this thread, if they continue to appear .....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast