Thread: 6.3 Nominations: Kalev Pugi Fund Committee

Default 6.3 Nominations: Kalev Pugi Fund Committee

From the CFC Handbook:

1008. The will of former Chess Federation of Canada President Kalev Pugi bequested $10,000 to the Chess Foundation of Canada to be set aside as a seperate fund called the "Kalev Pugi Chess Education Fund". Subsequent donations have increased this amount to $20,000 (as of 2009). The income generated from that fund is to go toward assisting young Canadian chess players under the age of 18 years to travel to chess competitions and tournaments for the purpose of increasing their chess playing skills and education.

It is the responsibility of the Chess Foundation of Canada to manage the money in accordance with the terms of the will. At the Annual General Meeting of the Chess Federation of Canada each year, a committee of three persons is elected to select any players for assistance from the fund that have a need and meet the qualifications under the terms of the will. Applications from or on behalf of eligible recipients may be submitted to the Board of Trustees via the CFC at any time.

Therefore there are 3 positions to be filled - please place your nominations here.

Traditionally, the CFC Youth Coordinator has stood for one of the three positions
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer, Chess Foundation of Canada
    CFC Voting Member

Blog Entries

In my first year as a member of this committee I took the time to understand how it works and how we could run it more efficiently. There were hick-ups along the way, but right now we are further ahead than 1 year ago.

I am willing to continue as a member of this committee!
    Valer Eugen Demian
    FIDE CM & Instructor, ICCF IM
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ches...593013634?mt=8

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
    Traditionally, the CFC Youth Coordinator has stood for one of the three positions
    We should change the rules so the Youth Co-ordinator is automatically on this committee. Now that the votes are held parallel, we don't know who the Youth Co-ordinator will be until it's too late.

I've never known the part about the Youth Coordinator but can certainly see it might be useful.

In case it's not been stated already, I am also willing to continue as a Pugi fund trustee

The 2013-14 Committee was myself, Demian and Patrick Macdonald.

I therefore nominate Patrick Macdonald.