Thread: 4Ma. CFC Finnacial Statements 2014/15

Blog Entries

Default 4Ma. CFC Finnacial Statements 2014/15

Find attached the Financial Statements. Bob G and I will be available to answer questions

OK ............ abc is the correct one. I will fix this up later, when I have some time
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 09-14-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    Find attached the Financial Statements. Bob G and I will be available to answer questions.

Attachment 263
    Hi, Fred, is there only one page? I can't open anything else, please help!

There was a glitch in my email.
    Fred should have the right file momentarily.

Default ED report

Dear Governors/ Voting Members,

It has been a busy month since I stepped back into the ED’s shoes. I would like to thank those kind souls who have wished me well, and I would like to thank Michael von Keitz for his assistance during the transition. As you could predict, some new stuff to learn and the paperwork got backed up. My apologies to those members and TD’s who are currently patiently waiting for a reply. I am catching up.

The financial statements this year are a little light on details. It was all that time permitted. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

I do need to add one caveat. These financial statements and any further information I provide are in my role as ED of the CFC and not as an independent accountant. Hence, the addition of note 7. This is not meant to imply anything. It merely informs the reader that the statements have not been audited or reviewed by independent accountants. I have argued in the past, and it continues to be my advise that the CFC have the financial statements reviewed by independent auditors.

Thank you.
    Robert Gillanders
    Executive Director

The full financials are in the "abc" document - the "zzz" is only the first page. I have gone 'under the hood' to see if we can remove that document but I cannot (perhaps Fred can) so please just ignore it.

(I could remove Fred's initial message and re-post it but that would remove the entire thread which is not what we want either!)

What is left of the National Library? Net - 343

One big remark regarding monies: The Aurora chess club organized several CFC rated tournaments over the year. While they were rated in time, there were cases when we needed to request invoices couple times. The feeling is that there could have been more similar cases, and possibility of not collected monies for the CFC.
    .*-1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    What is left of the National Library? Net - 343

One big remark regarding monies: The Aurora chess club organized several CFC rated tournaments over the year. While they were rated in time, there were cases when we needed to request invoices couple times. The feeling is that there could have been more similar cases, and possibility of not collected monies for the CFC.
    Perhaps, Bob G can fill us in on the "National Library".

Yes, there were service issues with the Business Office this past year. Bob G, is there any way of determining if invoices were eventually issued for those events that do not submit payment with their Rating Report submission ? I would assumed that once the invoices were issued they areshowing pu in the Financial Statements, one way or the other.

Perhaps, Bob G can fill us in on the "National Library".
    Well, I assume it is a collection of chess books, but I really don't know. It has been on the books for decades. Someone who has a much longer history with the CFC will have to provide us with the answers. It is almost fully depreciated, so has no real effect on the financials. It has been easier to just ignore it than deal with it. But I am curious about the history. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    Well, I assume it is a collection of chess books, but I really don't know. It has been on the books for decades. Someone who has a much longer history with the CFC will have to provide us with the answers. It is almost fully depreciated, so has no real effect on the financials. It has been easier to just ignore it than deal with it. But I am curious about the history. Anyone?
    On chesstalks some light was shed how it was collected and recently (2-3 years period) almost everything sold out. I got impression that the Library quit to exist. That's why I asked for clarification.
    .*-1

Bob G, is there any way of determining if invoices were eventually issued for those events that do not submit payment with their Rating Report submission ? I would assumed that once the invoices were issued they areshowing pu in the Financial Statements, one way or the other.
    Yes and Yes. Right now it is a challenge to keep up with the current activity. Going back to verify revenues for last year would be a big project. If any TD's/organizers are aware of any errors or omissions, they are encouraged to contact me. Fortunately, we benefit from the honesty and integrity of our TD's/organizers.
    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; 07-08-2014 at 04:24 PM.