Thread: WYCC2014 - Durban, South Africa

Default WYCC2014 - Durban, South Africa

The dates are fast approaching:

Official website for WYCC2014 in Durban, South Africa
    http://www.2014wycc.co.za/2014wycc/Home.html

The deadline to register for WYCC is the day after CYCC completes.
    ouch, but it provides us an opportunity to get everyone registered while we are all together in Montreal.

So we are asking for your cooperation to make the registration easier.
    When you are at the CYCC, you need to make the decision if you are going to the WYCC. No pressure, eh.

Here is a letter to explain from CFC Youth Coordinator, Frank Lee.
    _______

Hi Registered CYCC players and their parents,
    I am sure that everyone is excited that CYCC will start soon. It sounds like the organisers have made a effort to make this year’s event a unique experience in the middle festival season in Montreal.
    My name is Frank Lee and the CFC Youth Coordinator. I am writing to you concerning the situation where the registration deadline of 17 July for the WYCC is before the completion of the CYCC on 18 July. The CFC has asked WYCC organisers for extension and granted an extension to 19 July – the day after the CYCC.
    As you can see it will be very tight registering everyone on time. To avoid late registrations I am asking all players and parents who are interested in participating in this year’s WYCC to decide whether you will go to South Africa for the WYCC before the start of the CYCC.
    If you decide to go to the WYCC please forward the CFC office the approximate WYCC registration fees (players -$350 and accompanying adults - $150), photos, photocopy of passports, home address, home phone number and e-mail address by 15 July. The CFC office will register you for the WYCC.
    After the completion for the CYCC we can determine the Official players and additional qualified players. All appropriate funds will be returned to these players. Players who did not finish in the top three of your Section in the CYCC but has decided to register for the WYCC will be required to donate $150.
    I hope this solution to the registration issue is acceptable to all players. If you have any questions please contact me.

Regards,
    Frank Lee
    CFC Youth Coordinator
    _______

Blog Entries

So, Bob. Can players register hoping they win the CYCC, and then get their money back if they decide not to go to the WYCC,
    after not winning the CYCC ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    So, Bob. Can players register hoping they win the CYCC, and then get their money back if they decide not to go to the WYCC,
    after not winning the CYCC ?
    Yes. This question arose in an email from Frank Lee this morning. To quote him

" My position is to require the deposits and treat everyone the same. We should be able to register most players and parents near the end of the tournament if we know they are committed to participate in the WYCC and only have the official players (and parents) to register on the 19th of July. I think it would a huge job registering everyone on the 19th. If the parents impose the condition that they will only go if they are the official player we will not register the player (and parents) and refund their deposit if the player is not the official player."