Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 4.1 Nomination of Candidates for President

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Valer raises a very good point. Garry made some enemies with the IOC with his calls to boycott the Sochi Winter Olympics. Kirsan has made some promising inroads in this area.
    Are also an expert in the international politics?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    Are also an expert in the international politics?
    If you want to talk about the FIDE election use the appropriate thread.

Blog Entries

Yes, agree with you, lets see it from the business point of view. It is very possible that Kasparov could not win a FIDE election after all.
    Do you think Garry and his campaign team are wrong about his claims that he has the majority of the vote locked up? Just like they were wrong when they said that there would be more federations nominating Garry than Kirsan.

And if Canada would not endorse the incumbent and just abstained (preference of the majority of Governors), or even quietly voted for KI, nobody would care about it, after all there are well over 150 countries. So the goodwill of Kasparov Chess Foundation and the biggest sponsor of chess in Canada would not be lost for long time... So there must been a heavy inducement for these 2 people derailing the rules, disregard the wishes and opinions of the majority of the chess players AND that of Governors... And they hope to get away with it!

If elected I'll start DOING THINGS! Those who would want to create vital and vibrant CFC will work with me from the day ONE! Others will join when will see first results! We'll do it all together!
    Will you rest on the seventh day?

In addition to not having good reading comprehension skills it would appear that mathematics is not your strong suit. Only 4 out of 24 governors voted to abstain. That is hardly a majority of governors under any definition of majority that I am familiar with.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 07-08-2014 at 03:48 PM.

If you want to talk about the FIDE election use the appropriate thread.
    And which one is it?

Will you rest on the seventh day?
    I will answer reasonable questions.
    I'm worried that you are not answering at all.

Blog Entries

I will answer reasonable questions.
    I'm worried that you are not answering at all.
    You said that a majority of governors preferred abstention. That seems to be either a fantasy of yours or something else. I believe that I have answered it.

Blog Entries

And which one is it?
    Probably the one marked Other business FIDE discussion thread. If you win the CFC presidency will you have someone to explain these things to you? It might be a full time job for your lawyer.

Sasha, ordinary CFC members are not supportive of Garry based on my talks with them at the Ontario Youth Chess Championship and the recent Guelph Pro Am. It is you and your group of Kasparov supporters which are working to do maximum damage to the CFC and sow division among chess players. Kirsan won the straw poll 12 to 8. He won the executive vote 5-0 no doubt in large part due to your and Sid's chesstalk campaign. If you were the great persuader that you claim to be perhaps your arguments might have been more helpful to Kasparov's cause.

Why would we abstain when Kirsan won the vote?

Can someone move these two posts to the thread for the FIDE election. Every thread does not need to be polluted with this nonsense.
    You are fundamentally wrong. The issue of this election is a preservation of the rights of Governors/Voting Members. The issue of this election is whether or not Voting Members will allow a manipulator like yourself without any business acumen to promote chess, raise money, start new initiatives and increase membership to continue chase away sponsors and further damage the CHESS in CANADA. I hope not.
    Last edited by Sasha Starr; 07-08-2014 at 03:49 PM.

You said that a majority of governors preferred abstention. That seems to be either a fantasy of yours or something else. I believe that I have answered it.
    Only 33,33% of the Governors supported the ENDORSEMENT! Please look at your own poll.

Me and Sid did not have an access to the Governors' Board. And by the time I've registered on the Chess Talk you were openly against Kasparov.
    Last edited by Sasha Starr; 07-08-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Blog Entries

And which one is it?
    You are fundamentally wrong. The issue of this election is a preservation of the rights of Governors/Voting Members. The issue of this election is whether or not Voting Members will allow a manipulator like yourself without any business acumen to promote chess, raise money, start new initiatives and increase membership to continue chase away sponsors and further damage the CHESS in CANADA. I hope not.
    You are dangerously close to being censured and censored. You can call me names on chesstalk where I can put you in the ignore file. If you do it here I will rule you out of order.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast