Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.1 Nomination of Candidates for President

Hybrid View

Default 4.1 Nomination of Candidates for President

Nominations for the Office of President are open

Blog Entries

I am standing for election as President again.

I second that notion!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I am standing for election as President again.
    This is from one of the posts on the Chess Talk:

Vlad did do a good job in his first term, both Sid and Sasha have recognized him for the NFP work. But that was then and this is now. And right now, we have Vlad prostituting the CFC for the highest return, and then insulting and throwing away the person who has come through in the past with no strings attached. This for someone who has NEVER come through in the past and has strings attached. And guess what, the strings attached are almost identical to the strings Vlad says Sid wanted attached and that Vlad had some moral repulsion towards (riiiight). Are you blind to hypocrisy?

Vlad does have the skill set for re-election, and that is the problem. That skill set includes lying, alienating sponsors in the name of looking like a good cop even if that means depriving Canadian youth of future sponsorship, shrugging off corruption and worse committed by the incumbent Kirsan, keeping deals hush hush to prevent anyone knowing of his hypocrisy...

Have a good day! More is coming soon!

Are these threads designed simply for nominations and the outline of a candidates platform or are they designed for debate between the candidates and their supporters? As a candidate for VP, the answer is important to me. I'm posting the question in this thread since it seems to have the most lively exchanges. Would the Secretary be the best to comment on my question?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    Are these threads designed simply for nominations and the outline of a candidates platform or are they designed for debate between the candidates and their supporters? As a candidate for VP, the answer is important to me. I'm posting the question in this thread since it seems to have the most lively exchanges. Would the Secretary be the best to comment on my question?
    It would seem that any discussion for a particular position is taking place in the nomination thread. I think this is probably wise, we have enough threads.

Fred beat me to it but I agree with him. We do need discussion and we do already have enough threads. LC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    This is from one of the posts on the Chess Talk:

Vlad did do a good job in his first term, both Sid and Sasha have recognized him for the NFP work. But that was then and this is now. And right now, we have Vlad prostituting the CFC for the highest return, and then insulting and throwing away the person who has come through in the past with no strings attached.
    The offers from the two campaigns were deemed equivalent. The demeanor and behaviour of the two campaigns towards Canada could not be more different. The Kasparov campaign was rude, demanding and pushy.

This for someone who has NEVER come through in the past
    He certainly came through to preserve and save FIDE when all Garry was trying to do was to destroy it.

You violated the confidentiality of the governors board more than once. You don't seem to be able to read. The only one guilty of lying in this campaign is you and your Kasparov cronies. You make promises that your lawyer will fix everything and Nava will keep the books. That sounds like you don't even realize that there is a treasurer and executive director that are charged with that job and lawyers usually expect to get paid for such undertakings.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 07-07-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    The offers from the two campaigns were deemed equivalent. The demeanor and behaviour of the two campaigns towards Canada could not be more different. The Kasparov campaign was rude, demanding and pushy.

He certainly came through to preserve and save FIDE when all Garry was trying to do was to destroy it.

You violated the confidentiality of the governors board more than once. You don't seem to be able to read. The only one guilty of lying in this campaign is you and your Kasparov cronies. You make promises that your lawyer will fix everything and Nava will keep the books. That sounds like you don't even realize that there is a treasurer and executive director that are charged with that job and lawyers usually expect to get paid for such undertakings.
    Vlad, you yourself advised me to look at the Governors' Board while we were communicating on the Chess Talk and you have NEVER advised me on any confidentiality issue. Is it your deal with the thugs that makes it confidential? Why do you believe that once the deal is done some people should know about it and others should not? Are there commercial or patent issues? Isn't it a Not For Profit Corporation? Do you believe that withholding important information from the Members is a good policy?
    About the FIDE affair. No one was pushy, rude and demanding. Your behaviour toward Sid was unheard of! Complete disrespect to the biggest patron in Canadian chess! It was a very questionable thing to do: don't you understand that for your actions somebody else will have to pay and suffer - including the kids you are teaching!
    No, Nava is not going to keep the books: there are indeed a treasurer and executive director. Paying my lawyer is my business.
    Last edited by Sasha Starr; 07-08-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Mr. Starr is CFC Presidential candidate on a crusade to elect GK. This is a decision for the Executive. They picked KI after consulting with Governors/Voting Members. Interest in this was slight. We got 20/of over 60 that expressed an opinion. Nobody thought that either was going to be important for chess in Canada. This has since become a ****-storm that is wasting our time and energies. We need our leadership focused on the AGM/CYCC-WYCC, Canadian Open etc. 2013 was a good news story for us in youth chess and Montreal 2014 promises to be even better.

I asked Mr. Starr about what he has done in organized chess. I do not know of or whether he has ever run anything that might be called organized chess through the CFC. Nothing pops up if you enter him as a TD. His postings here do not inspire confidence that he knows what organizers of chess in Canada are facing on the ground. The voters here are all special people that run Provincial Chess Associations, chess clubs and open chess tournaments and we have all discovered that there is no low hanging fruit when it comes to finding chess players.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast