Thread: Closing address

Blog Entries

Default Closing address

I would like to thank the governors who took part in the 2013 annual online general outgoing governors meeting either by contributing to the discussions or voting and for standing as governors in the first place. The governors are all volunteers and I would like to take this chance to thank you for your contributions as volunteers. It has been a pleasure working with many of you as the masters representative. Some of you are taking a well deserved break and others are continuing as governors. The meeting is hereby closed with the exception of any remaining housekeeping by Lyle. Thank you for your participation.

Vladimir Drkulec
    Chess Federation of Canada President

Vlad, I noticed you voted in this meeting. I might be wrong, but I thought that the president abstained during votes. No vote was really close, so it's not really a big issue, but I was wondering.

[EDIT: I thought I had posted that in the incoming board, so the question is for that board, not the outgoing.]

Quote Originally Posted by Félix Dumont View Post
    Vlad, I noticed you voted in this meeting. I might be wrong, but I thought that the president abstained during votes.
    When in doubt check the Handbook

"ii) The President shall initially abstain on all motion votes. However, in case of a tie vote on motions or elections, he shall have the tie-breaking vote."
    .*-1

His votes should be stricken from the record of the incoming meeting.

Blog Entries

My bad. Though it was a bit unclear as some of the votes took place before I was president.