Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 12a) Nominations for Executive Positions

Since the meeting started late I think its reasonable to extend the nomination/first two days of the meeting until 7 pm tonight, thus giving 48 hours for the first two days of the meeting. This will mean voting will hopefully open tonight at 7:30 pm and will continue until 7:30 pm tomorrow on the 7th. Both Michael Barron and Chris have to accept before then (7:30 pm tonight) though.

Blog Entries

Technically only someone who will have a vote can make a nomination - the OCA is an actual corporation, not just an association which can have more relaxed rules. I suppose technically anyone could speak to a nomination, just not make it in the first place.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

I did a bit of research and interpreted things differently, but it is entirely possibly I am wrong. Regardless I suppose you don't want to run for presidency? At this point voting is supposed to have started and we have no one running for secretary or president.

Michael Barron has been nominated to run as OCA President by Garvin. He has still to indicate if he will accept the nomination. I would like to urge him to do so. If he needs some relief at the GTCL level to do so, then perhaps some switching of positions could be done to open up time for him to do the OCA job. Just my 2 cents.

Bob A

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Clark View Post
    I did a bit of research and interpreted things differently, but it is entirely possibly I am wrong. Regardless I suppose you don't want to run for presidency? At this point voting is supposed to have started and we have no one running for secretary or president.
    When Robert's Rules and other sites say "Member" they mean "Member of the Assembly" which means "Someone with a vote or similar standing".

I hadn't really given it any advance thought, so it was a bit of a surprise for me. I'll be back around 7:20pm just before nominations close so I have until then to make a decision, not to mention seeing if anyone actually wants to nominate me.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Clark View Post
    Since the meeting started late I think its reasonable to extend the nomination/first two days of the meeting until 7 pm tonight, thus giving 48 hours for the first two days of the meeting. This will mean voting will hopefully open tonight at 7:30 pm and will continue until 7:30 pm tomorrow on the 7th. Both Michael Barron and Chris have to accept before then (7:30 pm tonight) though.
    Also technically the actual voting if needed is for the incoming board, not the outgoing half, so there are still a couple of days for nominations.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

At this point my intention was to have the incoming governors vote so that the final two days of the meeting and any subsequent voting can be handled by the new president (the same as last year).

Thank you, Garvin, for nominating me, but I have to decline the nomination.
    This year I'd like to concentrate my efforts on GTCL President duties.
    I think, we have too many organizations and too few volunteers willing to do the actual work...
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Hi Chris:

Since Michael Barron has now declined to accept his nomination for President, I will nominate Chris Mallon for OCA President.

Bob A

I second the nomination for Chris Mallon for OCA president!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast