Thread: 12) Ratification of the new members of the Board

Blog Entries

Default 12) Ratification of the new members of the Board

Please note: Only OCA Governors may post in this thread.

This item will include ratification of both the OCA Board of Governors as well as the OCA representatives to the CFC's Board of Governors.

Note that Ontarians David Lavin, Eric Van Dusen and Robert Gillanders are CFC Governors-at-large for the 2013-2014 year as full-term CFC Presidents in the past 5 years. Michael von Keitz would also have this status but had to resign as a Governor in order to seek and accept the CFC's Executive Director position.

Can a representative from each League please post the Governor selection for your league for the next year?
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

GTCL list

1. Michael Barron
    2. Ilia Bluvshtein
    3. Marcus Wilker
    4. Egidijus Zeromskis
    5. Evgeni Tobolovsky
    6. Bob Armstrong
    7. Nikolay Noritsyn
    8. Chris Field
    9. Bindi Cheng
    .*-1

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

EOCA OCA/CFC Governors' List for 2013-2014:
    1) Aris Marghetis
    2) William Doubleday
    3) Garland Best
    4) David Gordon

(Note: I was the backup choice in case we were entitled to a fifth Governor; in fact, the OCA President noted by email some time ago that the EOCA shall receive exactly 4 Governors for 2013-14)
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Would the league presidents mind sending me the emails and names of the incoming governors?

Mine is gbestchessATgmail.com

It's a shame that I learned of this AGM after it had already occurred. There is a communication failure here, either with the EOCA or the OCA.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garland Best View Post
    It's a shame that I learned of this AGM after it had already occurred. There is a communication failure here, either with the EOCA or the OCA.
    It was started in a somewhat rushed fashion due to the abnormally early CFC AGM.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Garland Best View Post
    Mine is gbestchessATgmail.com

Hi Garland, you are right to be frustrated. From my viewpoint, there were several emails noting you were a new incoming Governor, and I assumed that would be enough, so did not double-check with you, my apologies. It seems the EOCA-OCA communication breakdown perpetuated to the CFC AGM. Thanks for checking!

Aris, EOCA President