Thread: 10. Suggested Items for Next Quarterly Meeting

Default 10. Suggested Items for Next Quarterly Meeting

Governors - this section is reserved for suggested items for the next quarterly meeting which is the Annual General Meeting. The difference between items for section 8 and this section is that items needing dealt with BEFORE the AGM should be posted in section 8 while items Governors wish to discuss AT the AGM should be posted here.

In most cases items suggested in this section will be dealt with by the INCOMING 2013-2014 Assembly of Governors.

SPECIAL REQUEST FROM THE NATIONAL SECRETARY: As soon as possible after April 30th I (with the help of the Business Office) will be posting each province's allocation of Governors for the 2013-2014 Assembly of Governors. I ask that Governors notify their provincial boards ASAP when these allocations are calculated and ask for your help in ensuring your province's 2013-14 Governor nominations are sent to myself (secretary@chess.ca) and the Business Office (info@chess.ca) as soon as possible after your provincial annual meetings!

We did not have a report on the new CFC Constitution that we need to comply with the new NPA.

We must modify the Canadian Zonal rules to synchronize them with the new FIDE rules.

With the new FIDE rules of July 1st 2013, do we need to adjust the CFC tournament rules? The case of the Article 10.2 appeal is obvious, are there other modification required?

We need an update on the status of the Canadian Team Chess Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    With the new FIDE rules of July 1st 2013, do we need to adjust the CFC tournament rules? The case of the Article 10.2 appeal is obvious, are there other modification required?
    Yes, we need to adjust FIDE rating fees (paragraph 490.e) in accordance with new FIDE rules.
    FIDE is reducing their rating fees, while we currently charge Canadian organizers hefty rating fees which are prohibitive, especially for small Round Robin tournaments.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Blog Entries

I would like us to revisit the issue of regular ratings for juniors based on reflection time required per game. This is directly linked to a drastic real reduction in CFC regular rated tournaments on the West Coast. There is support behind this request here in BC!

If Paul Leblanc wishes to discuss this with me prior to the next meeting, I would be glad to do so. It is my belief (and have proof) the decision taken in haste to regular rate tournaments with minimum 60 minutes per player has been a wrong one and has a negative influence on the overall affairs of CFC.
    Last edited by Valer Eugen Demian; 04-08-2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Valer Eugen Demian
    FIDE CM & Instructor, ICCF IM
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ches...593013634?mt=8

Valer, whatever you'll decide in your discussions, you must finalized with a MOTION. Otherwise it will be only a discussion. Don't expect that anybody will do it for you.
    .*-1

Blog Entries

The rules should be the same for all. So if Juniors get G30 rated regular, so should adults. Perhaps with a different K factor?
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter