Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The office is on the move!!

Default The office is on the move!!

Kudos go to the intrepid souls who worked in -30 temperature to get the CFC office moved. Stijn de Kerpel, Vincent Chow, Paul B and Paul Roschmann, Eric van Dusen, John Upper, and our fearless leader -- Bob Gillanders.
    Last edited by David Lavin; 01-15-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Let's us know when and where it will arrive
    .*-1

Hopefully there were no difficult portages.

Smile New mailing address and phone

Hello all,

New phone number for CFC

905 756 4977

New mailing address:

Chess Federation of Canada
    P.O. Box 4790
    Station E
    Ottawa, ON
    K1S 5H9

All this will be on website soon.

Hi Bob,

Hope things are going smooth for you guys. I feel for you with all that cold weather.

Will the CFC be getting a new toll free number?

Smile Thawing out!

Thanks Tony, David and all, the cold really cut to the bone, I think my core temperature finally is back to normal.

Vince, Paul R. and myself were at the Mississauga club this evening making sure the junior club was running smoothly, but you never saw 3 more tired men in your life.

I will be following up with Ma Bell tomorrow. I maybe able to keep the same toll free number, just have it redirected to new VIOP number.

Default CFC Part-time Office Administrator Position

Hi Bob:

According to the " news " video on the new CFC website, CFC has moved to a home office arragement with you.

There has been no announcement I am aware of as to what happened to the CFC part-time position - I assume, given the new office arrangement, the part-time office administrator position has been eliminated now ( seems obvious, but one never knows ) ?

Bob

Smile New home office arrangement

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong
    Hi Bob:

According to the " news " video on the new CFC website, CFC has moved to a home office arragement with you.

There has been no announcement I am aware of as to what happened to the CFC part-time position - I assume, given the new office arrangement, the part-time office administrator position has been eliminated now ( seems obvious, but one never knows ) ?

Bob
    We elected to make the necessary changes without a lot of fanfare. Vince, Paul and myself are now all each working part time from our homes in Burlington, Ottawa, and Mississauga respectively. We are now working thru all the logistical problems that this setup entails.

As you have guessed, we have eliminated the office administrator position as a natural consequence of the organizational restructuring. Bonnie has now left to pursue other opportunities.

It is important now that we thank and acknowledge Bonnie for her dedicated service to the CFC over the last year and a half. She began in May 2007 as part time and later became fulltime. It is important to acknowledge that she worked thru some very difficult times at the CFC.

Bonnie, thank you and best wishes.

Default Glad to see Bonnie getting some thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gillanders
    We elected to make the necessary changes without a lot of fanfare. Vince, Paul and myself are now all each working part time from our homes in Burlington, Ottawa, and Mississauga respectively. We are now working thru all the logistical problems that this setup entails.

As you have guessed, we have eliminated the office administrator position as a natural consequence of the organizational restructuring. Bonnie has now left to pursue other opportunities.

It is important now that we thank and acknowledge Bonnie for her dedicated service to the CFC over the last year and a half. She began in May 2007 as part time and later became fulltime. It is important to acknowledge that she worked thru some very difficult times at the CFC.

Bonnie, thank you and best wishes.

I echo that too! I dealt with Bonnie only a couple of times in recent memory and she was pleasant and efficient and very willing to help sort out whatever was the problem du jour...

I also dealt with Bonnie and she was pleasant, helpful and quite professional.

Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast