Thread: NOTICE: Amendment to Motion 2012-H

Default NOTICE: Amendment to Motion 2012-H

Be advised that the vote on motion 2012-H will include reference to an amendment, as below.

Pacey/Palsson

Just before 'Certificates and Pins', etc., near the end of the text of Motion 2012-H, insert the following Regulation as an amendment:

7. Regulation for retroactively awarded TD titles
    Notwithstanding regulations 1, 2 and 4 above, the title of RTD shall be awarded for life retroactively to current CFC members who prior to 1 January 2012 have directed at least 40 CFC-rated events, and who apply to receive such a retroactively awarded title. Similarly, the title of NTD shall be awarded for life retroactively to current CFC members who prior to 1 January 2012 have directed at least 60 CFC-rated events, and who apply to receive such a retroactively awarded title. For such retroactively awarded TD titles, Licence fee will still be charged every 6 years.

COMMENTARY:

The feelings I have about such grandfathering of TDs are similar to Halldor's. I feel that if people have directed 40+ tournaments already, and haven't been driven out of the business because of complaints, then they probably aren't doing too bad a job of directing.
    Last edited by Michael von Keitz; 04-05-2012 at 02:54 AM.

Default Explanation to Governors on Voting

How we are going to vote 2012-H is to break it into 3 separate votes.

This will be 2012-H1 - the amendment, 2012-H2 - the motion if the amendment passes and 2012-H3 the original motion if the amendment fails

Only one of H2 or H3 will be looked at and the other discarded - and we do not yet know which of the two it will be. I do not plan on reporting to the meeting on the discarded option.

You are NOT required to vote the same way on H2 and H3 - you may like the motion without the amendment and not with it or vice versa. Or you may abstain on any or all of these - control is in your hands even if it's a bit more complicated than usual.

Voting starts at 9 ET tonight and with the number of motions to be voted I'll be posting the polls as fast as possible.

Any questions?