Thread: 2011 Women Canadian Closed

Default 2011 Women Canadian Closed

May 4, 2011

To CFC board of directors

I would like to find out if are any intentions to organize this tournament in 2011. After repeated public tries to contact Women’s Coordinator I still have no answers others then those listed underneath.

Another fact that I would like to mention is that there were no Canadian representative at 2011 Pan-american Women Championships, it was no inquiry from CFC if any of the qualified players would like to participate.

Oct 2nd 2010

"I have a plan to submit Women closed championship 2011 bid combine with Canadian girl chess championship."

Nov 25th 2010

"Yes, I agree with you that Canadian female players need more representation in CFC. Just put down the CYCC 2011 bid. I can not determine the date yet since we need to know Pan American and North American date first. As usual it happens end of August, I will try to organize this event for next year. Thank you for your any suggestion."

March 19th 2011

"BTW: Canadian Girl Chess Championship will hold in Easter Day,I am the one who co-operate organizer for public interest. So Andrei Botez better do something for public interest instead to complain someone really busy with CYCC issues too. I am away in vacation can not answer in chess talk, hope those people can read."

Just a short answer to the last paragraph: I volunteer for public interest in average of 4 to 10 hours a week (75% of this time is junior chess related). I am not complaining, I am respectfully inquire the responsible (even really busy) CFC Officer.

Andrei Botez

Blog Entries

Andrei:

I'm not aware of any potential bidders for a 2011 Women's Closed. Probably the best date for the next Zonal would be this summer, but if there are no bids it will be have to held over to 2012. Typically we would expect the 2012 Women's World Championship to be in November, but it could end up getting pushed ahead to August, similar to the World Cup this year.

I don't really know anything about a Pan-Am Women's Championship. I would assume that either Gerry, Hal or perhaps even Bob G might receive notification of such events. Certainly when we (the Executive) were advised about the Continental Championship we made immediate plans to invite official representatives.

Hi Andrei,

I am working on facility where will hold The Canadian Women Closed in Ontario. I got information from FIDE Representative Hal Bond about World Women Chess Championship last Month that not exactly date next Year. When FIDE release the date, I will work with Hal Bond together to confirm Canadian Women Closed. It is probably 7 or 9 round depend on how many female players for one week long tournament.( weekday evening + weekend)

Best Regards
    Anna

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei Botez View Post
    May 4, 2011

To CFC board of directors

I would like to find out if are any intentions to organize this tournament in 2011. After repeated public tries to contact Women’s Coordinator I still have no answers others then those listed underneath.

Another fact that I would like to mention is that there were no Canadian representative at 2011 Pan-american Women Championships, it was no inquiry from CFC if any of the qualified players would like to participate.

Oct 2nd 2010

"I have a plan to submit Women closed championship 2011 bid combine with Canadian girl chess championship."

Nov 25th 2010

"Yes, I agree with you that Canadian female players need more representation in CFC. Just put down the CYCC 2011 bid. I can not determine the date yet since we need to know Pan American and North American date first. As usual it happens end of August, I will try to organize this event for next year. Thank you for your any suggestion."

March 19th 2011

"BTW: Canadian Girl Chess Championship will hold in Easter Day,I am the one who co-operate organizer for public interest. So Andrei Botez better do something for public interest instead to complain someone really busy with CYCC issues too. I am away in vacation can not answer in chess talk, hope those people can read."

Just a short answer to the last paragraph: I volunteer for public interest in average of 4 to 10 hours a week (75% of this time is junior chess related). I am not complaining, I am respectfully inquire the responsible (even really busy) CFC Officer.

Andrei Botez