Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 03. President's Welcome & Report

Lyle, one small glitch left.

motion 2011-C and motion 28e are the same.

So I see - so I have deleted 2011-c from my tally but will count a vote for it as 28e

Default Results of voting

This announcement from Lyle. (announcements located just above threads)
    In case you didn't notice the announcement, I repost it here:

Here are the results of voting for the January 2011 Online Governors' Meeting. Please note that motion 2011-F failed, the other motions have passed.

Thank you once again for your participation in this January's meeting.

Lyle Craver
    Secretary, Chess Federation of Canada

Motion 2011-B
    Votes Yes (26) Armstrong, Barron, Birarov, I Bluvshtein, Bond, Brammall, Brodie, Bunning, Cabanas, Craver, Demian, Dutton, Einarsson, Felix, Field, Jin, Leblanc, McKim, Nadeau, Noritsyn, Ong, Palsson, Rekhson, Steer, von Keitz, Wu

Votes No (3): Craft, Doubleday, McDonald
    Abstentions (2): Clark, Haley

MOTION CARRIED

Motion 2011-D
    Votes Yes (20) Armstrong, Barron, I Bluvshtein, Bond, Brammall, Bunning, Cabanas, Clark, Craft, Dutton, Einarsson, Felix, Haley, Jin, Leblanc, McDonald, McKim, Steer, von Keitz, Wu, Votes
    No (5): Craver, Doubleday, Field, Noritsyn, Palsson
    Abstentions (5): Birarov, Brodie, Demian, Ong, Rekhson

MOTION CARRIED

Motion 2011-E
    Votes Yes (31): Armstrong, Barron, Birarov, I Bluvshtein, Bond, Brammall, Brodie, Bunning, Cabanas, Clark, Craft, Craver, Demian, Doubleday, Dutton, Einarsson, Felix, Field, Haley, Jin, Leblanc, McDonald , McKim, Nadeau, Noritsyn, Ong, Palsson, Rekhson, Steer, von Keitz, Wu
    Votes No (0)
    Abstentions (0)

MOTION CARRIED

Motion 2011-F
    Votes Yes (9): Armstrong, Craft , Demian, Doubleday, Einarsson, Haley, Jin, Rekhson ,Wu
    Votes No (21): Barron, Birarov, I Bluvshtein, Bond, Brammall, Brodie, Bunning, Cabanas, Clark, Craver, Dutton ,Felix, Field, Leblanc, McKim ,Nadeau, Noritsyn, Ong, Palsson, Steer, von Keitz
    Abstentions (1): McDonald

MOTION DEFEATED

Motion 28E
    Votes Yes (25): Armstrong, Barron, I Bluvshtein, Bond, Brammall, Brodie, Bunning, Cabanas, Clark, Craft, Craver, Dutton, Einarsson, Felix, Field, Haley, Jin, Leblanc, McKim, Noritsyn, Palsson, Rekhson, Steer, von Keitz, Wu
    Votes No (4): Demian, McDonald, Nadeau, Ong
    Abstentions (1): Birarov

MOTION CARRIED

Motion 28F
    Votes Yes (23): Armstrong, I Bluvshtein, Bond, Brammall, Brodie, Bunning, Clark, Craft, Craver, Dutton, Felix, Field, Haley, Jin, Leblanc, McDonald, McKim, Noritsyn, Ong, Rekhson, Steer, von Keitz, Wu
    Votes No (5): Barron, Birarov, Cabanas, Demian, Nadeau
    Abstentions (0)

MOTION CARRIED

Motion 28G
    Votes Yes (27): Armstrong, Barron, Birarov, I Bluvshtein, Bond, Brammall, Brodie ,Bunning, Cabanas, Craft, Craver, Demian, Dutton, Felix , Field ,Haley, Jin, Leblanc, McDonald, McKim, Nadeau, Noritsyn, Ong, Rekhson, Steer, von Keitz, Wu
    Votes No (1): Clark
    Abstentions (0)

MOTION CARRIED

Motion 28H
    Votes Yes (14): Armstrong, Brammall, Brodie, Bunning, Craft, Dutton, Felix, Field, Haley, Jin, Leblanc, Rekhson, Steer, Wu
    Votes No (11): Barron, Birarov, I Bluvshtein, Clark, Craver, Demian, McDonald, McKim, Nadeau, Noritsyn, von Keitz
    Abstentions (3): Bond, Cabanas, Ong

MOTION CARRIED
    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; 01-23-2011 at 08:20 PM.

I would like to apologize for missing the voting. I had misunderstood how long it was going to be open for, and was distracted by a serious personal issue. My apologies.

Aris, it looks like you and me both fell into the same problem. I intended to vote on Saturday, but a family matter prevented me from going to vote until 5:15PM yesterday. I sent my votes in, but it was too late, so I sent my apologies.

Default Concluding Remarks

Well, another quarterly meeting finished. My thanks to all those governors who attended and contributed. I believe roll call was 42 governors, same as last time. Excellent in my opinion.

We accomplished 2 important goals. The first, new rules regarding who gets invited to the WYCC. Many thanks to Michael and the Youth committee for their many hours of deliberation. And second, the 4 amendments to the CYCC qualification rules. These will help ensure we have a successful CYCC and ease us softly into a new qualification system. I am grateful for the major progress in our youth program that these measures represent. Still lots of work to do, but the progress is undeniable.

At times the meeting was hijacked by more political issues. To be perfectly frank, I found this very frustrating and unproductive. If we are to succeed in our quest, we need to find a way past all this silliness. I was surprised to discover that the President does not get to vote. So I didn't. I will then just take comfort in the fact that all the votes went my way anyways.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12