Thread: Item # 2 – President’s Welcome/Report

Default Item # 2 – President’s Welcome/Report

Item # 2 – President’s Welcome/Report

Shortly after the opening of the meeting at 11:00 AM EDT on Friday, Oct. 1, President Bob Gillanders will post his welcome to all governors attending the meeting and give his report on the status of the CFC.

Default Presidents Welcome

I want to thank all governors for participating in this online meeting. These quarterly meetings represent a huge step forward in modernizing the CFC. We finally have a vehicle that will allow us to communicate effectively and deal with our problems in a timely fashion.

The CFC takes a lot of criticism for poor governance, but we have come a long way since our near death experience of 2006. I want to thank everyone for their sacrifices along the way. But we still have a long road to travel.....

Thank you for contributing.
    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; 10-01-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Default Nice Welcome---Where is Status Report?

Bob
    We are waiting with bated (baited?) breath for your report on the status of our glorious federation.

Default Status report?

I guess I don't get off the hook so easy!

I admit I was a little rushed this morning, I wanted to get to a group exercise class this morning. It turned out to be a class of 1. Just me and the instructor. No dogging it, am I ever sore!

I received the september financial report from Gerry this morning. It's only Oct 1st, so very well done! A surplus of $ 785 for September. Hmm.... not enough to buy every CFC member a medium double double, but better than a kick to the groin.

The membership report for Oct 1st shows 1,891 current members.
    Adults 971
    Life 370
    Honourary 67
    Family 27
    Junior 271
    Junior Participating 185

This is a modest increase from 1,883 members at May 1st, 2010. Our target remains 2,000 by May 1st, 2011.

Gordon, I am very encouraged at the level of activity I see so far on this first day of the governors meeting.
    We have a lot of challenges ahead of us, but if Mark can defeat Topolov, we have no excuse for failure.

You can expect a more detailed report with my closing remarks next week.
    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; 10-01-2010 at 03:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Satus report

Thank you Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gillanders
    This is a modest increase from 1,883 members at May 1st, 2010
    Is there any way to get information about the new members? (smth XX members joined