Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Item # 12 - Tournament Coordination Committee

Default 2011 Canadian Open

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron
    I would like to inform the Assembly of Governors that a group of organizers from Toronto leaded by Ted Winick is working on 2011 Canadian Open and CYCC bid, and another group from Hamilton leaded by Mikhail Egorov is working on 2011 Canadian Junior bid.

So, with the help of Tournament Coordination Committee we have a hope...
    For your information:
    The group of Toronto organizers received a proposal from the hotel for 2011 Canadian Open.
    Unfortunately, the dates in this proposal are July 16-24...

Currently Ted Winick is negotiating the possibility to run the event a week earlier - to avoid overlap with the Quebec Open.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Default CYCC 2011 bid

For your information:

I knew from the group of Richmond Hill organizers already had a proposal from Hotel for CYCC 2011 bid from July 3-7. Still work on details, will submit before this weekend. Also has own web-site
    https://sites.google.com/site/cycc2011

Default Potential Bid Website - Needs Amending

Hi Daxin:

I know this is only a bid website in construction, but I note:

" Eligibility Must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Canadian resident for at least 12 months ".

I think this is quite incomplete and somewhat misleading. It gives the impression that anyone meeting this one criteria can play.

But the 2011 CYCC has qualifying events across the country, and only those qualifying, and some others, will be eligible to play.

The organizers should speak to Michael Barron on those eligible ( this is discussed on the other YCC thread here in this meeting ). Then they should amend their website.

Bob

I have always felt with respect to national tournaments which qualify for interzonal events (Canadian championship, CYCC, World Junior / Cadet etc.) that players should not be eligible to compete if they are not eligible to take part (AKA "represent Canada") at the next level should they qualify.

If we formally adopted this position it would make age / citizenship requirements very easy to explain.

Default Cycc 2011

Hi Daxin,

Very nice website. It is good to see your bid is taking shape.

However, visitors to your website may wrongly assume that your bid has been accepted, and begin making travelling plans for next summer. It may seem a long way away, but we do begin getting inquiries about the timing and location for the next years Canadian Open and CYCC about this time.

Could you please make clear on your website that this is a bid only, and the timing and location for 2011 is not determined yet.

Thanks.

Default Web-site update

Hello Bob,

Our Bid form and Web-site still work on, it takes time by the end of weekend. When it finishes, we will give you update soon. Thank you for the questions, we will fix our mistakes with your help and support step by step!

Quote Originally Posted by Daxin Jin
    we will fix our mistakes with your help and support step by step!
    "Canada Chess Federation" should be the Chess Federation of Canada; and the picture with the CN tower does not represent Richmond Hill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12