Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: World Youth Chess Championship

Quote Originally Posted by jack qian
    Some players are out of first three place in CYCC,Some don't go CYCC, are they still qualify to go?
    Does CFC change rule for WYCC?
    Not very many people read this forum - you might want to start a new thread on the main section... I believe your questions deserve some answers.

Default Head of Delegation

Dear Chess Friends,

As it turned out, Xuekun Xing (Jackie Peng's mom) wants to be a Head of Delegation, and Andrei Botez doesn't mind this change.

I would like to remind:
    Head of Delegation - is a volunteer position without free accommodation.
    We will try partially reimburse Head of Delegation for travel expenses, but it won't be full reimbursement - we need to reimburse our invited players first.

We expect the Head of Delegation to assume organizational tasks to allow Team Coach to devote more time and efforts for our players chess preparation.

These tasks include (but not limited to):

Before getting there:
    - Communication with all the Canadian delegation for badges, getting everyone's picture, format to the required size and forward them to WYCC organizers
    - Creating and updating a blog for our team with all necessary information.

After getting there:
    - Being sure that everyone got there rooms, badges and the registration is complete
    - Organizing every day team meetings and team picture
    - Planning together with Vladimir for each player training spot before and after their games
    - Keeping contact with the organizers regarding all the needs of Canadian team
    - Making sure that the only official bulletin is available to all members of delegation and that this will be pick up as early as possible every day.
    - Being available every day during the round time+1h in case one of the players would like to fill an official complain, be sure that the complain is valid based on the regulation, if they are not valid, the cost is an extra 100 euro
    - In case that any of the member is sick, to be ready to help him/her getting medical attention (there are many older players with out an adult supervision)
    - Dealing with the organizers and hotel managers for all the issues created by the older players ( for example: you can be asked to go to the front desk in the middle of the night in case someone from our delegation is drinking, fighting and so on)
    - Negotiating with organizers for the any money amount that some of the Canadian delegation players/guests will own
    - Mediating all the conflicts that might come between the members of our delegation.

I would like to make sure that everyone who wants be the delegate will know what are the expectations.

Please let me know if somebody else is willing to volunteer for this position, so, we can pick the best person.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Default Additional players

Quote Originally Posted by jack qian
    Some players are out of first three place in CYCC,Some don't go CYCC, are they still qualify to go?
    Does CFC change rule for WYCC?
    No, the CFC didn't change rules for WYCC.
    But there are no rules without exceptions...

Every additional player, who applied personally, was considered by the CFC Youth Committee, and if their participation at WYCC was deemed benefitial for Canadian chess, was allowed to participate.
    All additional players' expenses are fully covered by their parents and don't affect CFC in any way.

Does anybody has a problem with such approach?
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Default WYCC payments

Dear Chess Friends,

Just to clarify:
    To arrange the payment, please contact Gerry Litchfield at the CFC Office:

Chess Federation of Canada
    356 Ontario Street, Suite 373
    Stratford, ON N5A 7X6
    Phone: (519) 508-2362
    Fax: (519) 508-6595

All payments should be made to the CFC Office by August 10,
    major credit cards or cheques accepted,
    cheque should be made payable to "Chess Federation of Canada" with comment "WYCC",
    exchange rate is 1.4 CAD/EUR.

All other questions regarding payments please address directly to Gerry Litchfield at the CFC Office.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron
    Every additional player, who applied personally, was considered by the CFC Youth Committee, and if their participation at WYCC was deemed benefitial for Canadian chess, was allowed to participate.
    All additional players' expenses are fully covered by their parents and don't affect CFC in any way.

Not withstanding that WYCC is an open event (anyone can enter, thru their national federation), I believe if we are going to have a qualifying tournament, then "extra players" should have to make a very good case indeed. VERY good.

I am no longer a member of the Youth Committee, so I don't know what arguments and persuasions were brought forward.

For the record, these are the placings of the "additional players" at CYCC Windsor 2010.

Additional players:
    Boys u-16 Jerry Xiong (tie 3rd)
    Boys u-16 Michael Kleinman (tie 3rd)
    Boys u-14 David Itkin (4th)
    Boys u-12 Edward Song (tie 1st)
    Boys u-12 John Doknjas (tie 12th)
    Boys u-10 Jason Cao (tie 1st)
    Boys u-10 Joseph Bellissimo (didn't play at CYCC)
    Girls u-14 Rebecca Giblon (tie 2nd)
    Girls u-12 Melissa Giblon (3rd)
    Girls u-10 Minya Bai (2nd)
    Girls u-10 Janet Peng (tie 4th)
    Girls u-08 Nicole Birarov (tie 2nd)
    Girls u-08 Catherine Gao (tie 2nd)

Default problem

That means anyone can apply for additional player at WYCC, no matter he or she played in CYCC. So the player can save money for CYCC.

Default problem

Some excellent players cost a lot of money to play at CYCC, but others didn't cost any money or played no good at CYCC. The result is same. They are all additional players at WYCC.
    I think it is not necessarily to hold CYCC.

Default ?

Quote Originally Posted by John Coleman
    Not withstanding that WYCC is an open event (anyone can enter, thru their national federation), I believe if we are going to have a qualifying tournament, then "extra players" should have to make a very good case indeed. VERY good.

I am no longer a member of the Youth Committee, so I don't know what arguments and persuasions were brought forward.

For the record, these are the placings of the "additional players" at CYCC Windsor 2010.

Additional players:
    If anybody have no chance to win at CYCC.He don't need to go CYCC. Because they also can get additional player at WYCC???

Default CFC have problem???

If CFC didn't change rules for WYCC,please obey this rules.

Quote Originally Posted by John Coleman

Additional players:
    CFC: Especially Boys u-12 John Doknjas (tie 12th) and Boys u-10 Joseph Bellissimo (didn't play at CYCC)????? Why?
    Last edited by jack qian; 08-06-2010 at 01:16 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast