PDA

View Full Version : Board SPAM

Kerry Liles
05-10-2010, 05:13 PM
When I login, I got a message that I had a private message... that turned out to be SPAM (wonder why an apparently unregistered user can send a private message - seems like a bad feature to permit to unregistered folks).

I deleted the SPAM private message, but now when I return to this forum, I still get the notification that there is a private message (there isn't!)

Time to look for updates/patches for this forum software?

Christopher Mallon
05-10-2010, 09:25 PM
There are a number of updates, which would require an upgrade fee of $60 (which includes free additional updates for one year).

I seriously doubt anything can be accomplished with the current Exec (aka Prez) situation, but as soon as someone declares that they are running for Prez next year I'll be contacting them with some suggestions.

I will look into the unregistered PMs though. That's weird.

John Coleman
05-10-2010, 10:08 PM
I've got four spam emails in my message inbox, I'll read them when I'm lonely. However, Chris, it's likely the spam-bot is sending to everyone, so you might go bash it with your bot-basher.

Hal Bond
05-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Yes - I got one too. How does one delete them?

Egidijus Zeromskis
05-11-2010, 01:17 PM
How does one delete them?

Open your Inbox, place check-marks, go down the webpage, choose "Selected Messages"-"Delete" , click Go.

Christopher Mallon
05-11-2010, 07:01 PM
I fixed it late last night, so please let me know if somehow you receive any more after today's date (forwarding them to me would be cool too).