PDA

View Full Version : CFC players list

Egidijus Zeromskis
03-31-2010, 01:57 PM
Many ideas about the CFC players list have been written in the "CFC players in Ontario" thread ( http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/showthread.php?t=867 )
I think it is better to have own thread for this topic. (Can a forum administrator move appropriate messages here? )

Kerry Liles

"Note: I personally don't think the inclusion of the postal code is an invasion of anyone's privacy (as would be the inclusion of the email address for example!) BUT I suppose I may be surprised to find out that someone thinks it may be..."

It would be me :) I think that the town/city is enough for a public. (The large cities could be divided into smaller parts) However, there might be a separate list of a players distribution without names :rolleyes:
I am not sure, but I think some time ago a problem was with emails or addresses of players, when this information was given to an "outsider" (need to check in old GLs)

There are several things which would be good to have in the list:

Born year - to separate players in groups: juniors, adults, seniors (I think this groups must be more active. How many seniors championships were organized?) Partially this is already done, as it is possible to retrieve junior ratings.
Somehow separate real members, juniors who plays only in junior tournaments, life, and players who take tournament memberships (sic)