PDA

View Full Version : CFC Executive Officers' Duties - Motions Re-filed

Bob Armstrong
12-22-2009, 12:15 PM
I have today re-filed on behalf of 6 governors and myself the relevant 11 ( ! )motions dealing with an upgrading of the Bylaw 3, Officers' Duties, to clean up the sections and make them in step with the current realities of Executive Officers. You will note that the motion 2010-01 introduces 2 new executive positions, Tournament Coordinator, and Public Relations Coordinator. These were David Lavin suggestions, and they seemed good to me and a couple of governors, and so we support the introduction of these positions.

Here is my letter, Dec. 22, to CFC Secretary, Lyle Craver, re-filing the 11 motions:

Hi Lyle:

Attached for filing and publication in GL # 3 are 11 motions, renumbered in new sequence , as requested by you, showing the motions amending Motion 2010-01 as motions # 1 - # 7, and the motions amending Bylaw 3 as motions # 8 – 11, as follows:

Motion # 1 – amending Motion 2010-01 re President duties (
Armstrong/Craft );

Motion # 2 – amending Motion 2010-01 re Vice-President duties ( Armstrong/Bond );

Motion # 3 – amending Motion 2010-01 re Secretary duties ( Armstrong/von Keitz )

Motion # 4 – amending Motion 2010-01 re Treasurer duties ( Armstrong/Leblanc );

Motion # 5 – amending Motion 2010-01 re Tournament Coordinator duties ( Armstrong/Bluvshtein );

Motion # 6 – amending Motion 2010-01 re Junior Coordinator duties ( Armstrong/McDonald );

Motion # 7 – amending Motion 2010-01 re External Coordinator duties ( Armstrong/Gladstone );

Motion # 8 – amending Bylaw 3, section 4, re President duties ( Armstrong/Craft );

Motion # 9 – amending Bylaw 3, section 5, re Vice-President duties ( Armstrong/Bond );

Motion # 10 – amending Bylaw 3, section 8, re Treasurer duties ( Armstrong/Leblanc )

Motion # 11 – amending Bylaw 3, by adding section 8D, duties of FIDE Representative ( Bond/Armstrong )

Motions # 8, # 9, # 10 and # 11 ( like Motion 2010-01 itself ) are “ constitutional amendment motions “. Please have them processed through the GL’s in the normal manner, with the others, but when these particular 4 motions come up for vote, would you then please refer them to the 2010 AGM for vote ( we are wanting to avoid the 50% quorum requirement that we would have to meet if we voted on these motions outside of an AGM ).

It would also be my suggestion to you and Eric, that the same be done with Motion 2010-01 itself – that is, that after all comments have been received, and it has been amended by motions # 1 - # 7 ( or not ), it also be deferred over to the AGM for the actual vote, to avoid the quorum requirement, and the motion/amended motion possibly failing because of this. It also seems reasonable to have it voted on at the same time as motions #8-#11, since they all deal with amending officers’ duties in Bylaw 3. Just a suggestion.

Though these original motions were filed beyond the Nov. 20 deadline for GL # 3, I appreciate that you are now going to include them in the imminent GL # 3.

Thanks

Bob

P.S. If anyone wants a copy of any of these motions before GL # 3 comes out, just e-mail me ( bobarm@sympatico.ca ) .