PDA

View Full Version : Executive Duties - Motions Filed

Bob Armstrong
12-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Today I wrote CFC Secretary Lyle Craver as follows:

Hi Lyle:

Attached for filing and publication in GL # 3 are 11 motions, as follows:

Motion # 1 – amending Motion 2010-01 re President duties ( Armstrong/Craft );

Motion # 2 – amending Bylaw 3, section 4, re President duties ( Armstrong/Craft );

Motion # 3 – amending Motion 2010-01 re Vice-President duties ( Armstrong/Bond );

Motion # 4 – amending Bylaw 3, section 5, re Vice-President duties ( Armstrong/Bond );

Motion # 5 – amending Motion 2010-01 re Secretary duties ( Armstrong/von Keitz )

Motion # 6 – amending Motion 2010-01 re Treasurer duties ( Armstrong/Leblanc );

Motion # 7 – amending Bylaw 3, sections 8, re Treasurer duties ( Armstrong/Leblanc )

Motion # 8 – amending Motion 2010-01 re Tournament Coordinator duties ( Armstrong/Bluvshtein );

Motion # 9 – amending Motion 2010-01 re Junior Coordinator duties ( Armstrong/McDonald );

Motion # 10 – amending Motion 2010-01 re External Coordinator duties ( Armstrong/Gladstone );

Motion # 11 – amending Bylaw 3, by adding section 8D, duties of FIDE Representative ( Bond/Armstrong )

Motions # 2, # 4, # 7 and # 11 ( like Motion 2010-01 itself ) are “ constitutional amendment motions “. Please have them processed through the GL’s in the normal manner, with the others, but when these particular 4 motions come up for vote, would you then please refer them to the 2010 AGM for vote ( we are wanting to avoid the 50% quorum requirement that we would have to meet if we voted on these motions outside of an AGM ).

I also realize that the deadline for submissions for GL # 3 was Friday, Novernber 20. But since the receipt of GL # 2, it has taken this long to get all these motions organized, with numerous governors involved. I know that material, though submitted late, is often added in by you, if it is received by you far enough in advance of the next GL publication date. So I hope these will get into GL # 3.

Thanks.

Bob

All 8 of us governors involved feel that these motions, some substantial, some more cosmetic, will make Motion 2010-01 passable, and make executive duties clearer, add positions that are needed, and generally clean up and update this part of Bylaw 3 on duties of Officers.

Bob