PDA

View Full Version : 5A-5 CFC and FIDE ratings - current status

Lyle Craver
03-10-2024, 01:06 AM
This space is reserved for discussion the CFC and FIDE ratings after March 01, 2024
If any item in this section gets sufficient postings to justify a separate thread, the moderator will move such messages to a new agenda item to facilitate discussion of it.

Egidijus Zeromskis
03-17-2024, 11:39 PM
I don't see the tread created as it was promised thus I'm pasting here:

CFC and FIDE ratings after March 1, 2024

The discussion matter is how to place players in proper sections after the recent FIDE rating changes. (under 2000, the rating differences became HUGE).
*** the CFC would issue suggestions/directives that organizers could follow without much thinking.
*** the CFC will stay aside and leave organizers do whatever they want.

Vladimir Drkulec
03-18-2024, 01:01 AM

The discussion matter is how to place players in proper sections after the recent FIDE rating changes. (under 2000, the rating differences became HUGE).
*** the CFC would issue suggestions/directives that organizers could follow without much thinking.

Template was probably created from the original email agenda. This should fix it.

Fred McKim
03-18-2024, 10:16 AM

Bob Gillanders is currently spearheading a comparison of CFC vs FIDE Ratings after the March 1 adjustment. Some suggestions will likely come out of this.

Egidijus Zeromskis
03-18-2024, 03:14 PM
Bob Gillanders is currently spearheading a comparison of CFC vs FIDE Ratings after the March 1 adjustment. Some suggestions will likely come out of this.

Any time frame?

Bob Gillanders
03-18-2024, 03:59 PM
Any time frame?

Yes, I just finished the analysis and sent it to the group.
Give them some time to absorb the data and report.

I am going to take a break, then look at the latest membership numbers.
I will report on that this evening amongst other items.

Lee Hendon
03-20-2024, 05:43 PM
The FIDE ratings where adjusted, since the lower rated players were scoring way higher then what the table predicts, the adjustments are to bring the expected score and the rating difference more inline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZY4EwQkjlw&t=2046s
Hopeful this video can explian the increase in ratings better.

My suggestion would be to use the higher of the two ratings
Maybe with the exception if one of the ratings has been inactive for some period of time.
(This never use to be a problem when the FIDE floor was 2000)