PDA

View Full Version : Current CFC Governor Structure

Bob Armstrong
08-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Here is the current 2009-10 Governor structure:

1.Governors-at-Large :

A - Executive – President - 1
B – Non-Executive Officers - Masters' Representative, Rating Auditor and Women's Coordinator - 3
C - Representative of Chess Foundation of Canada, and, Canadian Correspondence Chess Association - 2
D - Canadian Champion and Runner-Up – 2
E – Past Presidents Within 5 years - 2
F – Former CFC President Life Governors – 10 (equal the votes of the other Governors-at-Large )

Total – 20 ( approx. 1/3 of total governors )

2. Provincial/Territorial Governors:

A - B.C. - 5
B - Alta. - 5
C - Sask. - 1
D - Man. - 2
E - Ont. - 17
F - Que. - 2
G - N.B. - 2
H - P.E.I. - 1
I - N.S. - 2
J - Nfld. & Lab. - 1
K - no reps from the 3 territories ( 3 vacancies )

Total - 38 ( and three vacancies )

3. Total No. of Governors - 58 ( and 3 vacancies )

It should be noted that the structure chart used by the CFC Constitutional Coalition in its recent motions is slightly inaccurate, given that it has just come to light that there has been a misinterpretation of the CFC Handbook over the last few years, regarding governors at large ( non-President Executive officers do NOT become governors at large ). The above chart now conforms to the current interpretation of the Handbook.

There is however still one outstanding issue. Ontario is shown as having 17 governors. But it submitted a list of 18 names. The CFC website now shows for Ontario all 18 governors whose names were submitted. It appears that one of these governors must now be withdrawn. Chris Mallon, OCA President, and the CFC, are currently working to sort this out.

Bob

John Coleman
08-28-2009, 11:19 PM
There is however still one outstanding issue. Ontario is shown as having 17 governors. But it submitted a list of 18 names. The CFC website now shows for Ontario all 18 governors whose names were submitted. It appears that one of these governors must now be withdrawn. Chris Mallon, OCA President, and the CFC, are currently working to sort this out. If they sort slowly enough, the governor activity rule will kick in (I'm assuming it will pass).