PDA

View Full Version : 3. Election of voting members from Non-Affiliated Provinces/Territories (nominations

Lyle Craver
08-21-2021, 10:00 PM
In all nomination threads please note nominations close at 1800 ET on Tuesday day 3 with voting booths set up ASAP thereafter with polling closing 1800 on day 7 (Saturday)

At present the only province without a provincial affiliate is Quebec and under the terms of the CFC - FQE agrement Quebec is entitled to elect 3 voting members.

I have been requested by the FQE president M. Bérubé to place the following names in nomination
Éric Bopala
Vadim Tsypin
Richard Bérubé

Note that if no other nominations are received these gentlemen will be acclaimed. If additional nominations ARE received then following the close of nominations we go to a vote

Nominations close 1800 day 3 (Tuesday). If a vote is required it will open ASAP thereafter closing at 1800 ET day 5 (Thursday)

Vladimir Drkulec
08-22-2021, 11:40 AM
Given the fact that the FQE-CFC agreement is in force and the FQE has been making payments under this agreement, I don't think that we should be second-guessing the terms of this agreement nor should we be classifying the FQE as non-affiliated.

Lyle Craver
08-24-2021, 12:16 AM
On your last point I strongly disagree as they are affiliated when they choose to be and not until. We have no right to call them 'affiliated' without their full and informed consent.

At that point they would get the full number of voting members their membership (who under any affiliation agreement would also be full CFC members) they would get considerably more than the current 3 CFC voting members.

And when they DO choose full affiliation I will be the first to support that. Until then the status quo remains.

In any case, this discussion is off-topic in a nomination thread. At this point we have 3 nominees