PDA

View Full Version : 8. "THE VOTING BOOTH" Election for FIDE Representative / Zone President

Lyle Craver
02-23-2021, 09:16 PM
VMs should note that the person elected to this position shall serve until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting

Fred McKim
02-23-2021, 11:54 PM
FYI: As of 10:53pm Eastern Time on Tuesday evening, there are 50 VM's in attendance.

Les Bunning
02-24-2021, 02:19 PM
I understand that there is a Fide Investigation concerning one of the candidates for election as our FIDE representative . In view of this investigation I believe the election should be postponed until the issue becomes clearer.
Les Bunning

Vladimir Drkulec
02-24-2021, 02:30 PM
I understand that there is a Fide Investigation concerning one of the candidates for election as our FIDE representative . In view of this investigation I believe the election should be postponed until the issue becomes clearer.
Les Bunning

Neither of the candidates wanted to stop the election and so we proceeded forward. By my understanding, FIDE did not want to be seen weighing in on one side or the other. All of these matters will likely be resolved by the next election when all positions come up for renewal.