PDA

View Full Version : 6.4 Nominations for the National Appeals Committee

Lyle Craver
08-09-2020, 03:55 PM
The National Appeals Committee is an ad hoc committee of senior tournament directors and arbiters which meets as needed to adjudicate disputes between players and directors and is the "Court of Final Appeal" in tournament disputes.

The committee consists of five members with a chair who is elected from amongst the committee. While it is not necessary to hold a FIDE International Arbiter title to serve on this committee that level of experience is highly desirable. Historically the committee tries to be geographically balanced and has featured many of Canada's top directors and arbiters. It conducts its business by e-mail and sits when and as needed.

Nominations for membership on the National Appeals Committee can be made here.

Fred McKim
08-12-2020, 04:04 PM
From English Chat thread: Aris Marghetis

Fred McKim
08-12-2020, 04:05 PM
From English Chat thread: Pierre Denommee

Fred McKim
08-12-2020, 04:40 PM
From English Chat thread: Serge Archambault

Mark S. Dutton, I.A.
08-16-2020, 12:56 PM
The National Appeals Committee is an ad hoc committee of senior tournament directors and arbiters which meets as needed to adjudicate disputes between players and directors and is the "Court of Final Appeal" in tournament disputes.

The committee consists of five members with a chair who is elected from amongst the committee. While it is not necessary to hold a FIDE International Arbiter title to serve on this committee that level of experience is highly desirable. Historically the committee tries to be geographically balanced and has featured many of Canada's top directors and arbiters. It conducts its business by e-mail and sits when and as needed.

Nominations for membership on the National Appeals Committee can be made here.

NAC -- I will stand to be a member of the NAC

Mark S. Dutton, I.A., I.O.

https://ratings.fide.com/profile/2611040/arbiter_organizer

Lyle Craver
08-16-2020, 02:19 PM
I would like to nominate Stephen Wright (International Arbiter and president of the BC Chess Federation) who has indicated to me he will serve if elected

Michael Barron
08-16-2020, 10:36 PM
I would like to nominate Ilia Bluvshtein

Fred McKim
08-16-2020, 10:58 PM
Summary:

So Far Nominated (6 for 5 positions)
Aris M
Pierre D
Serge A
Mark D
Stephen W