PDA

View Full Version : RA Fall Open: the event details (big early discounts)

Aris Marghetis
07-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Here is the event announcement post for the 2009 RA Fall Open. It is being posted on ChessTalk, CFC Tournaments, and CFC Chat. Subsequent updates, like the players already registered, will be posted on ChessTalk about every couple of weeks. I intend to be at the RA club on Thursdays much more than last year, so that local players can just register in person. In fact, 6 players registered with me last Thursday, even before I had posted the event details! :)

Please note that I am trying a different approach to registrations and payments, in that earlier registrations are encouraged via big early discounts. The entry fees are on a scale, such that the earlier you register and pay, the more money you save! This should result in a lower average entry fee, and at the same time lead to higher participation numbers. In addition, I have included some new budget accommodation options to consider for players travelling in.

Yours in chess,

Aris Marghetis
- Organizer/TD
- EOCA President

--------- original event announcement ---------

The Eastern Ontario Chess Association (EOCA) organizes the EOCA Grand Prix, a series of weekend tournaments over the 2009-2010 chess season.

The next EOCA event in Ottawa will be the RA Fall Open, on September 25th-27th. It will consist of 5 rounds, with flexible bye and Amateur options.

We have multiple sections, and class prizes for every 200 rating points from 2200 to 1400. Every player will be submitted for both CFC and FIDE rating.

Please note we are offering significant early bird discounts! The earlier you register and pay, the more money you save! This also applies to players with FIDE titles, who may also save money with their FIDE title. Please check out the specific discount amounts and cutoff dates in the event announcement.

For more details on this event, and a great webpage for all of the events in the 2009-2010 EOCA Grand Prix, please consider bookmarking this weblink:
http://www.eoca.org/htm/tournaments_2009-2010.html

Yours in chess,

Aris Marghetis
- Organizer/TD
- EOCA President