PDA

View Full Version : CFC membership payment problems with Paypal

William Yuan
05-01-2019, 03:17 PM
Hi Bob,

I sent an email to CFC office and I didn't get any reply with anyone. For the Title I mentioned issue. We couldn't renew or pay CFC with the membership. 405

William

Vladimir Drkulec
05-01-2019, 06:21 PM
There is a problem with paypal. We are working on it.

Kevin Pacey
05-03-2019, 11:45 PM
I'd like to know if someone can still pay for a CFC membership (presently or in future) without using Paypal and/or the internet, e.g. by paying their membership dues to a (willing) local chess organizer, who then can somehow forward the amount due to the CFC. Personally, I keep my financial activity on the internet as non-existent as possible, given all the security concerns of using the internet (real or imagined).

Fred McKim
05-04-2019, 09:11 PM
I'd like to know if someone can still pay for a CFC membership (presently or in future) without using Paypal and/or the internet, e.g. by paying their membership dues to a (willing) local chess organizer, who then can somehow forward the amount due to the CFC. Personally, I keep my financial activity on the internet as non-existent as possible, given all the security concerns of using the internet (real or imagined).

You could if you lived in my neck of the woods.

Kevin Pacey
05-04-2019, 09:48 PM
I have many times in the past paid [renewed] my CFC membership to a local organizer [Halldor] in my area [Ottawa], who then passed the amount due to the CFC Office, if that's what you're getting at, Fred. I don't know if I can do that anymore if I choose to [and Halldor is willing], though.

Fred McKim
05-05-2019, 07:11 AM
I have many times in the past paid [renewed] my CFC membership to a local organizer [Halldor] in my area [Ottawa], who then passed the amount due to the CFC Office, if that's what you're getting at, Fred. I don't know if I can do that anymore if I choose to [and Halldor is willing], though.

I am certain 99% of local organizers would do that function as they are sending money (somehow) to the CFC on a frequent basis for rating fees for tournaments. We have recently entered into a partnership with GoMembership who are creating an admin site for us, where organizers or players could go to purchase their membership and eventually it will be able to take tournament registrations for partnering chess tournaments.

http://www.gomembership.com/

Fred
CFC Treasurer

Bob Gillanders
05-10-2019, 09:46 AM
The paypal system is functioning again. :)

Vladimir Drkulec
05-10-2019, 01:23 PM
The paypal system is functioning again. :)

Good to know.