PDA

View Full Version : Active blogs

Christopher Mallon
09-14-2014, 08:41 PM
For those who may not have noticed, Kevin Pacey and I have gotten active on our blogs. Click on Blogs up near the top!

Christopher Mallon
09-14-2014, 08:47 PM
And on a related note if anyone else is interested in taking advantage of the blogging feature, I'd be happy to help you get started.

Kevin Pacey
07-08-2018, 10:46 PM
I've added a couple more entries to my CFC Discussion Board blog recently, after not visiting this site for many months.

The various blog categories for my blog's entries range from chess issues, advice, games and variants, to subjects unrelated to chess (the discussion of the latter seems to be rather lacking on this chess message board's forums, otherwise, which may or may not still entertain the bulk of their visitors sufficiently to keep them returning often).

Kevin Pacey
08-13-2018, 02:51 AM
I've checked my blog entry on chess styles, which had been posted a little over 2.75 years ago, and I was surprised to see how many views there had been of it (almost 73,500 to date, or [for this website, and for a chess-related topic] an astonishing average of over 70 per day[!]); it's blown right by my previously easily most viewed blog entry, on my hypothetical political platform, which was posted about 4.5 years ago (having a little over 65,900 views to date, for a fast-paced average of around 40 per day). Perhaps my suggestions on what might be played to match one's perceived style classification are among the key ingredients for its viewing popularity:

http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/entry.php?98-Updated-version-4-0-of-chess-styles

http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/entry.php?34-Updated-version-6-0-of-hypothetical-political-platform

Hugh Brodie
08-13-2018, 05:35 PM
Do you know how many viewers are humans, and how many are "web crawlers" and other such robotic searchers?

Kevin Pacey
08-13-2018, 05:58 PM
No, although the sheer quantity of views for certain blog entries may suggest that there must be a considerable number of human viewers for these alone.