PDA

View Full Version : CFC - Membership stats

Bob Gillanders
06-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Membership stats as of June 1, 2014

see attached chart

Egidijus Zeromskis
06-02-2014, 10:48 AM
May you include May or one yer old numbers and some math (+ -)?

Bob Gillanders
07-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Membership stats as of July 1, 2014

see attached chart

Pierre Dénommée
07-05-2014, 11:16 PM
QC figures are wrong. With the FQE agreement, the CFC is counting FQE members as CFC members. The figures did not include FQE members.

Garland Best
07-06-2014, 06:28 AM
I don't agree. The numbers shown here are persons from QC with a paid CFC membership, thus providing a direct revenue stream. FQE membership monies go to the FQE. Counting FQE members who do not have paid CFC memberships would confuse the picture.

Pierre Dénommée
07-07-2014, 11:15 PM
Despite the confusion, the FQE agreement allows the CFC to count the FQE members as CFC members, thus making us more attractive to sponsors because we have more members.

Sasha Starr
07-07-2014, 11:22 PM
Despite the confusion, the FQE agreement allows the CFC to count the FQE members as CFC members, thus making us more attractive to sponsors because we have more members.
Of course, isn't Quebec a Province of Canada???

Egidijus Zeromskis
07-08-2014, 08:48 AM
From the agreement: "FQE membership numbers would be included in the CFC’s membership tally."

When "stats" will change to "tally" then most likely QC numbers will be included too :)

http://chess.ca/membership-stats

Fred McKim
07-08-2014, 08:54 AM
I think the report from Bob G is a "canned" report that is produced by the computer system, and probably can't easily be modified. As long as we have the agreement in place, it might be useful for someone to make a summary of the membership statistics that include CFC members and FQE members in a new little chart.

Bob Gillanders
07-08-2014, 09:47 AM
Well, I did not anticipate these responses.
No insult against Quebec or the FQE was intended.
The report was done on a consistent basis with the annual reports that are on the CFC website going back many years (prior to CFC - FQE agreement). Keep it an apples to apples comparison. :)

I do not get monthly reports from FQE on their membership numbers.
The last numbers I have the FQE are from Aug 2013:
Adults 623
Juniors 287

If you want to add those to my report, be my guest.
If FQE would like to submit monthly stats, I will add them.

Egidijus Zeromskis
07-08-2014, 10:05 AM
FQE numbers from http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/showthread.php?3943-3B-Ratification-of-FQE-nominees-for-CFC-Voting-Members&p=25287#post25287
(not familiar with FQE membership structure)

CFC membership tally

Total
Family
Honorary
Junior
Life
Adult

CFC

FQE

- -- - - - - - -
2792 850 1444

Numbers are in the table just no boarders.

Pierre Dénommée
07-08-2014, 02:34 PM
The success of a for profit corporation is measured by the amount of net profit that it generates. The success of a non-profit is measured by the number if members that it attracts or by the number of participants competing in sports in which athletes are not considered a member.

A sponsor that is less then 1 km from my home demands at least 1 000 persons on the site to sponsor an event. I cannot guarantee this for a Canadian Closed or for a Women Closed organized locally. The cost of a publicity in Chess Canada is influenced by the number of persons who read it.

It is not for the FQE sake that we should count those members, it is for our sake.

Well, I did not anticipate these responses.
No insult against Quebec or the FQE was intended.
The report was done on a consistent basis with the annual reports that are on the CFC website going back many years (prior to CFC - FQE agreement). Keep it an apples to apples comparison. :)

I do not get monthly reports from FQE on their membership numbers.
The last numbers I have the FQE are from Aug 2013:
Adults 623
Juniors 287

If you want to add those to my report, be my guest.
If FQE would like to submit monthly stats, I will add them.

Fred McKim
07-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Pierre. A bit off topic, but didn't you put your name forward for Tournament Co-ordinator and NAC committee member? I was trying to find it somewhere here, but couldn't - as Lyle doesn't have you in the Nomination list..

Pierre Dénommée
07-09-2014, 07:00 PM
I did put my name, but I was not nominated.