PDA

View Full Version : 7A. Kalev Pugi Fund Committee (3 positions)

Lyle Craver
06-10-2013, 03:16 AM
The Kalev Pugi fund was established by the will of former CFC President Kalev Pugi to provide grants in support of junior chess in Canada.

The committee members for 2012-2013 were Lynn Stringer, Patrick McDonald and Lyle Craver.

Please make your nominations here

Christopher Mallon
06-17-2013, 07:50 PM
I nominate Lynn Stringer, Patrick McDonald and Lyle Craver

Paul Leblanc
06-18-2013, 11:11 AM
It has been traditional for the CFC Youth Co-ordinator to be a trustee.
If Patrick and Lyle continue, I think Lynn would be happy to step down in favour of the new Youth Co-ordinator.
I often get requests for Pugi Fund donations because people confuse my role as the manager of the Pugi funds. I'd like to see a more pro-active approach where the trustees advertise occasionally that funds are available then set a deadline for worthy requests, instead of considering them one by one. First come first served, so to speak.
I do feel that the decision to fund juniors on the Olympiad Team for the past 2 years was an excellent use of the Pugi Fund and congruent with Kalev Pugi's wishes.

Fred McKim
06-18-2013, 11:28 AM
It has been traditional for the CFC Youth Co-ordinator to be a trustee.
If Patrick and Lyle continue, I think Lynn would be happy to step down in favour of the new Youth Co-ordinator.
I often get requests for Pugi Fund donations because people confuse my role as the manager of the Pugi funds. I'd like to see a more pro-active approach where the trustees advertise occasionally that funds are available then set a deadline for worthy requests, instead of considering them one by one. First come first served, so to speak.
I do feel that the decision to fund juniors on the Olympiad Team for the past 2 years was an excellent use of the Pugi Fund and congruent with Kalev Pugi's wishes.

Running the elections concurrently makes it difficult to put a name to the Youth CoOrdinator, but we could simply put this position (or the winner of that election) forward as a nominee.

Valer Eugen Demian
06-18-2013, 12:52 PM
If necessary I am also interested to run for a position here.

Lyle Craver
06-18-2013, 09:38 PM
I would be happy to continue to serve. LC

Patrick McDonald
06-22-2013, 01:39 PM
I would also be happy to continue on this committee. I have been somewhat involved with the Kalev Pugi fund for many years now.