PDA

View Full Version : 4. Executive Elections - E. Youth Coordinator

Lyle Craver
06-10-2013, 02:54 AM
Make your nominations for Youth Coordinator here

Fred McKim
06-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Pierre Denommee has indicated he is willing to run for Youth Co-ordinator. I would be willing to post for him if he wants to cut and paste any earlier statements he's made and mails them to me.

Fred McKim
06-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Frank Lee has indicated he is willing to run for Youth Coordinator.

Christopher Mallon
06-17-2013, 07:48 PM
I nominate Frank Lee

Vladimir Drkulec
06-17-2013, 09:58 PM
I second Frank Lee's nomination.

Fred McKim
06-18-2013, 01:37 PM
I am posting the following on behalf of Pierre Denommee:

For the Youth Coordinator position, I have organized one Canadian Junior and I have been the Chief Arbiter of two Canadian Junior. I have a modest contribution to one CYCC. I have also one year of experience in the Montreal High School League and one year of experience in the former Montreal Intercollegiate League.

Fred McKim
06-18-2013, 01:55 PM
I am posting the following on behalf of Frank Lee:

After some “encouragement” from several colleagues and a short e-mail exchange with Patrick, I have succumb to the pressure and decided to run for Youth Coordinator.

I enjoy playing chess and sharing chess with my son and daughter. I am an electrical engineering grad from the University of Waterloo. I spent 28 years with Ford of Canada mainly in manufacturing. Recently, due the automotive downsizing in Canada I had to find a new job with Ford Motor Company in the United States. Fortunately Windsor is a border town and I can do the daily cross border commute.

It was an incredible journey watching them grow up playing in local, national and international events and making lifelong friends with other children all over the world with nothing in common but the game of chess. I hope with experiences gained going to OYCCs, CYCCs, NAYCCs, Pan-American, and WYCC with the kids will give me some insights into what parents and players want and expect in participating in these tournaments.

I would like to see the CFC explore the possibilities corporate sponsors to bring down the entry fees for tournaments like the CYCC and WYCC. The cost can become prohibitive if a family has several children involved with chess.

I am favour of National Coaching/Mentoring program for all youths. This would give youth and their families one more opportunity/alternative to improve their chess and hold their interest.