PDA

View Full Version : 11) Other business raised by the outgoing Board

Christopher Mallon
06-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Any new business can be raised here, and if needed I will spin it off into its own thread.

Garland Best
06-12-2013, 07:30 PM
As a question, any thoughts of a league team championship? It could be a one weekend event, one team from each league, comprising 4 members on a team, two top players, one junior and one female player. Three/four round round robin.

Bindi Cheng
06-12-2013, 09:04 PM
This idea sounds great in theory but is there any interest from any potential players on making it happen? Additionally, where would the league be played on, ICC, chess.com or CFC's own private server?

Christopher Mallon
06-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Ontario kinda has the same problem that Canada as a whole has, in that our chess centres are fairly spread out and even a place that's fairly central like Toronto is quite a hike for many players in the other three leagues.

I'm not opposed to the idea, but I would think you'd need a sponsor so that the prizes make it worthwhile for each league to participate.

Kevin Pacey
06-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Ontario kinda has the same problem that Canada as a whole has, in that our chess centres are fairly spread out and even a place that's fairly central like Toronto is quite a hike for many players in the other three leagues.

I'm not opposed to the idea, but I would think you'd need a sponsor so that the prizes make it worthwhile for each league to participate.

Given the part of the above quote in bold face, an Ontario team championship held on a chess server may be the best hope in 2013-14, at least, for all leagues to have sufficent participants in such a championship. Thus in 2013-14 the OCA might best either wait and see if the CFC gets a server, or else the OCA could try to arrange something with another server.