PDA

View Full Version : Elections

Christopher Mallon
05-31-2013, 08:30 PM
It's my understanding that we get 5 CFC Governor spots this year.

That basically means that our exec plus one "at-large" get them.

The President is typically but not always the OCA Regional VP for SWOCL. I would suggest that that be maintained unless a president, after being elected, doesn't want the position at which point we can select one of the other Governors.

Incumbents:

President: Lee Hendon
Vice-President: Christopher Mallon
Treasurer: Bob Gillanders
Secretary: Garvin Nunes
At-Large: Vlad Drkulec
At-Large: Frank Lee

I would like to stand for reelection. My main focus this coming year is going to be the high school chess within Grand Erie trying to get all 14 schools involved (vs 7 this year). I'd also like to work with Garvin to improve the website and actually get people using it.

Vladimir Drkulec
05-31-2013, 10:14 PM
I would like to stand for reelection. My main focus this coming year is going to be the high school chess within Grand Erie trying to get all 14 schools involved (vs 7 this year). I'd also like to work with Garvin to improve the website and actually get people using it.

Looks like a good initiative. I know that my high school league and the competitions we had there were a big part of getting me interested in chess initially. We miss that in Windsor now.

Bob Gillanders
06-02-2013, 08:22 AM
It's my understanding that we get 5 CFC Governor spots this year.
That basically means that our exec plus one "at-large" get them.

Not necessarily a good idea.
I think we should be electing our governors based on their contributions at the CFC or OCA levels, and
electing our SWOCL executive based on their desire to revive SWOCL activity.

Sometimes it's the same people, but sometimes it isn't.

Garvin Nunes
06-02-2013, 06:41 PM
I am willing to stand for re-election. My main goal if I remain on the team will be to get our web site rolling again.

Bob Gillanders
06-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Apparently the OCA meeting is now scheduled to begin tomorrow, June 4th.

SWOCL has 5 governor spots allocated. (combined CFC/OCA governors)

Based on emails prior to this online meeting,
it would seem those willing to stand,
and having expressed a desire to seek office on the CFC executive are:
Hal Bond, Patrick McDonald, Vlad Druklec.

It would suggest we acclaim these fine gentlemen as our first 3 governors.

Garvin Nunes is eager to get our website back on line, so #4 governor?
One more spot available. I already am a governor by virtue of being a past CFC president, so don't wait for me to fill the spot.

There are several names come to mind, including current SWOCL officers, Lee Hendon and CHris Mallon. Gentlemen?

Don't everyone speak at once, but lets get this resolved quickly.
If we have more than 5 names, we can have an election!

Christopher Mallon
06-03-2013, 05:36 PM
I'd like to continue as a CFC Governor myself.
I think what we're running into here is Hal is no longer a Governor at Large, on top of losing a Governor spot due to rounding.

Simplest solution is recruiting more members within SWOCL :)

Patrick McDonald
06-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Just confirming that I would like to continue as a governor for SWOCL - I understand that I need to be one in order to stand for an OCA executive spot?

Lee Hendon
06-04-2013, 12:08 AM
I am willing to stand for re-election agian this year thanks

Lee Hendon

Vladimir Drkulec
06-04-2013, 03:15 AM
I'd like to continue as a CFC Governor myself.
I think what we're running into here is Hal is no longer a Governor at Large, on top of losing a Governor spot due to rounding.

Simplest solution is recruiting more members within SWOCL :)

I'm working on it.... We'll probably have fifty or so junior members after July 10th in Windsor. That's how many kids have qualified to CYCC so far from Windsor.

I don't think you need to nominate me for a governorship. I am running for CFC president and I will already be a governor until the next Canadian Closed as the CFC masters rep even if I happen to lose the election for CFC president. I am willing to help out with SWOCL in any way that I can but mostly by organizing tournaments in Windsor and hopefully playing more over the course of the rest of this year.

Bob Gillanders
06-04-2013, 06:48 AM
Thanks everyone. I believe we then have our slate of SWOCL governors. Thus being:

Hal Bond, Patrick McDonald, Lee Hendon, Chris Mallon, Garvin Nunes.

Thank you Gentlemen. Are there any objections?

Garvin Nunes
06-05-2013, 11:47 AM
I just want to mention that it was my understanding that I was govenor at large not secretary. If I am mistaken about this I appologize for not preparing the agenda this year.

Bob Gillanders
06-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Thanks everyone. I believe we then have our slate of SWOCL governors. Thus being:

Hal Bond, Patrick McDonald, Lee Hendon, Chris Mallon, Garvin Nunes.

Thank you Gentlemen. Are there any objections?

Having received no objections in over 24 hours, I will advise the OCA meeting.

Oops! There is a BIG warning sign on the OCA meeting thread, "only OCA governors may post here".
I am not an OCA governor, could someone else please make the post. Thanks.

Bob Gillanders
06-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Okay, so our governor list has been sent to OCA, thank you Lee.

Now to the job of filling the SWOCL executive slate.

The incumbents are:

Executives-at-large: Frank Lee, Vlad Drkulec

All have declared interest in continuing (as I interpret their posts) except Frank Lee, so I will propose the entire slate except Frank are acclaimed for the coming year. AFAIK, SWOCL exec = 5 persons.

If Frank Lee, or anyone else, is interested in a position on the SWOCL executive, please speak up in the next 24 hours, or forever hold your peace.

Bob Gillanders
06-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Okay, having received no objections, our SWOCL executive for 2013-2014 is:

Executives-at-large: Vlad Drkulec

Thanks y'all.

We also need a SWOCL executive to represent us as SWOCL VP on the OCA executive.
I nominate Lee Hendon for this post. Lee, how about it?
Any other nominations or volunteers?

Christopher Mallon
06-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Well, it apparently can't be me.

BTW I believe SWOCL gets to pick a new OCA Governor (but not CFC Governor) now? I suggest that it makes the most sense for that to be you, Bob.

Bob Gillanders
06-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Well, it apparently can't be me.

BTW I believe SWOCL gets to pick a new OCA Governor (but not CFC Governor) now? I suggest that it makes the most sense for that to be you, Bob.

Ya, I suppose. Okay, so I will be the SWOCL Regional VP. Does that necessarily mean I take the now vacant OCA governor spot?
These rules are all &@$&^$&@.