PDA

View Full Version : FIDE - Licencing players!

Bob Gillanders
02-06-2013, 11:28 AM
New rules from FIDE:

REGULATIONS ON REGISTRATION & LICENSING OF PLAYERS
Approved by 2013 Presidential Board
1. All Players shall be required to register with their National Chess Federations (NCF). The FIDE Regulations on Registration, Transfers and Eligibility shall apply.
2. The NCF (or FIDE) shall issue the FIDE ID Number if the Player does not have one at the time of registration. NCF will register the Player with FIDE by providing information containing the Player’s Name, Gender, Place & Year of Birth, Photo, Passport Number; FIDE ID Number (if any).
3. FIDE/NCF shall issue the Player with a Player ID Card bearing the information from Rule 2 above.All information shall be maintained in the List of FIDE Licensed Players.
4. A Player who registers to compete in any FIDE rated competition shall be required to provide his FIDE ID Number.
5. An Organizer receiving any registration must refer to the List of FIDE Licensed Players before accepting the registration.
6. If an Organizer inadvertently accepted a Player without a valid License, the Organizer shall be penalized 50 Euro for every infringement. Such Players shall not have a FIDE ID Number and shall have no Federation Flag.
7. Games played by Players without a valid License shall not count for rating for themselves. Games played against them by Licensed Players shall be counted.
8. A NCF may subsequently (during or after the competition) register the Player mentioned in Rules 8 & 9 above provided a Late Payment Fee of 50 Euro is paid.
9. Players without a License cannot play in any official FIDE or Continental competition.
10. For each time a player who has been delisted by his NCF and subsequently re-listed, the payment is 20 Euro.

The Dutch Federation is circulating a letter of protest (see attached). The CFC is in the process of adding Canada to the list of Federations opposing these new regulations.

Bob Armstrong
02-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Hi Bob G:

I now have a FIDE rating, and I have a FIDE ID No.

If I wished to play up in a FIDE rated section in one of our weekend swisses after July 1/13, would I have to apply for and pay for a licence?

Or am I "grandfathered" in because I already have a FIDE No., and don't need a licence??

Bob A

Pierre Dénommée
02-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Licence are free unless you become inactive and are delisted by FIDE.

The cost are for the CFC to transfer all this information to FIDE.

Bob Armstrong
02-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Licence are free unless you become inactive and are delisted by FIDE.

The cost are for the CFC to transfer all this information to FIDE.

Hi Pierre:

Thanks. But I guess I still want to know if CFC has to transfer any of my information, at a cost to me, to FIDE, if I already have a FIDE No., from being FIDE rated?

Bob A

Pierre Dénommée
02-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Hall Bond has indicated the FIDE has abandoned the player licensing project.

Vladimir Drkulec
02-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Hall Bond has indicated the FIDE has abandoned the player licensing project.

They have abandoned it for the second time. Expect to see it again in six months.

Pierre Dénommée
02-12-2013, 08:50 PM
I do not expect to hear about it before the next General Assembly.

They have abandoned it for the second time. Expect to see it again in six months.