PDA

View Full Version : 6. Business Arising

Michael von Keitz
01-28-2013, 10:11 PM
Please mention any potential topics for our next meeting in this thread.

Egidijus Zeromskis
01-29-2013, 12:28 AM
Maybe a discussion of TRG Guide - Update after FIDE PB 1/2013
http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/showthread.php?3195-TRG-Guide-Update-after-FIDE-PB-1-2013

"4.3. Each national federation shall nominate an ‘Official Contact Person’ with the TRG. By this action, TRG’s communication and further cooperation with the FIDE affiliated federations will become easier and more effective."

Vladimir Drkulec
01-29-2013, 02:07 AM
Two items that I would like to see are
I. establishment of a national youth coaching program McKim/Drkulec
II. creation of a women's national master title

Valer Eugen Demian
01-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Two items that I would like to see are
I. establishment of a national youth coaching program McKim/Drkulec
II. creation of a women's national master title

Respectfully disagree with proposal II. It would be a waste of time to even consider it.

Félix Dumont
01-29-2013, 07:33 PM
Regarding the RFP for the newsletter, shouldn't we settle a deadline? Also, will all governors be able to vote for it and not only the executive (I believe this would be the best decision, as governors represent all the members that would benefit from the newsletter).

Fred McKim
01-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Regarding the RFP for the newsletter, shouldn't we settle a deadline? Also, will all governors be able to vote for it and not only the executive (I believe this would be the best decision, as governors represent all the members that would benefit from the newsletter).

Having the Governors vote on the awarding of the RFP for newsletter would amount to them becoming involved in the Administration of the CFC. The Governors are for governing and policy making.

However, we have seen recently where the President and/or Executive decide to have the Governors play a role in what might be considered adminstrative functions.

Michael von Keitz
01-31-2013, 02:01 AM
Maybe a discussion of TRG Guide - Update after FIDE PB 1/2013
http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/showthread.php?3195-TRG-Guide-Update-after-FIDE-PB-1-2013

"4.3. Each national federation shall nominate an ‘Official Contact Person’ with the TRG. By this action, TRG’s communication and further cooperation with the FIDE affiliated federations will become easier and more effective."

Rene Preotu was appointed. If anyone is interested in serving in a similar capacity, you are encouraged to contact Hal.

Michael von Keitz
01-31-2013, 02:06 AM

As per the January Quarterly Meeting, we are aiming to hire for a May 1st start, meaning a hiring decision being made at or before April 1st. The RFP will go out sometime between now and March 1st.

Vladimir Drkulec
01-31-2013, 12:44 PM
Respectfully disagree with proposal II. It would be a waste of time to even consider it.

That is why I brought it up. I want to see what people think of the idea.