PDA

View Full Version : CFC Newsletter annoyance...

Hugh Brodie
01-01-2013, 08:05 PM
I have noticed that the last couple of CFC Newsletters have all (most?) diagrams with the Black pieces at the bottom, whereas the standard for any chess publication (or software) is to have the White pieces at the bottom (unless the software/viewer has the option to switch sides).

Any reason why?

Hugh Brodie
01-01-2013, 08:19 PM
In addition....there are many Quebec players on the rating list with ratings of "xxxx". What determines that? I assumed that if a player was an FQE member (which most/all of these players are) that they would receive a CFC rating.

Michael von Keitz
01-01-2013, 11:25 PM
In addition....there are many Quebec players on the rating list with ratings of "xxxx". What determines that? I assumed that if a player was an FQE member (which most/all of these players are) that they would receive a CFC rating.

Our agreement with the FQE did not include a merge of the two rating systems. As I have posted elsewhere, the mde file used by TDs and Organizers is now a combined file, covering both FQE and CFC members, but this is only to allow ease of use in verifying memberships across federations. As far as I know, this is why FQE members with no CFC ratings are now showing up in our list. No plans are in place to formally integrate these players into the CFC rating system at this time.

Hugh Brodie
01-02-2013, 09:28 AM
But many of the "xxxx" players have/had existing CFC ratings - e.g. Vahagn Voskanyan and John Goldner.

Egidijus Zeromskis
01-02-2013, 05:19 PM
adding to the topic:

In the TOP listings players' titles should be used too.

Michael von Keitz
01-03-2013, 12:09 AM
But many of the "xxxx" players have/had existing CFC ratings - e.g. Vahagn Voskanyan and John Goldner.

Now that I take a closer look, this does seem exceptionally odd. Gerry produces the list. I will see what he knows.

Michael von Keitz
01-03-2013, 12:10 AM
adding to the topic:

In the TOP listings players' titles should be used too.

I will run that by Gerry as well.