PDA

View Full Version : Voting Booth: Motion 2013-C

Michael von Keitz
10-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Please vote in the poll above. A subsequent post will recap the proposed amendments and the original motion. Please note that this vote is multiple choice. Select all choices that apply to you.

Michael von Keitz
10-04-2012, 09:04 PM
To amend the CFC Handbook’s Section 21 from subsections 2106 to 2110, so as to be entirely replaced with the following:

2106. CFC MEMBERSHIP SALES AFFILIATE PROGRAM

2107. Description

CFC Membership Sales Affiliation (not to be confused with Provincial Affiliation, where a certain organization in each province is recognized by the CFC as the representative group of chess in that province) is a program to give incentive to local chess organizations and individuals to increase the number of full CFC memberships they collect.

2108. Benefit

For $25 a year (plus HST/GST), a CFC membership sales affiliate receives a 15% rebate on all CFC (not provincial) dues for all full (i.e. not Tournament or Life) CFC membership fees collected which are submitted to the CFC office within 7 days of their collection by the CFC membership sales affiliate.

2109. Method of CFC Membership Sales Affiliation

Any chess organization (or individual) may become a CFC membership sales affiliate with the CFC for a fee of $25 per year (plus HST/GST). Send this fee to: CFC, 356 Ontario Street, Suite 373, Stratford ON, N5A 7X6

Rationale for motion:

(Note: unlike the to-be-replaced old section 21, there is to be no sub-section 2110)

The old Affiliate Program has fallen into disuse. The word ‘Affiliate’ when used alone may have been a cause for confusion, hence ‘CFC Membership SalesAffiliate’ is used instead (‘Club Affiliate’ might also cause undue confusion, differently, if used). Tracking auto-renewals was rejected as being unnecessarily complex. The amount for the fee ($25) was selected to try to provide a more substantial incentive to more chess organizations and individuals than the oldAffiliate program offered. At the current amount for the CFC portion of an adult CFC membership, a CFC Membership Sales Affiliate would need to collect 5 adult CFC membership fees to just about break even, taking into account GST/HST ($36 x 0.15 = $5.40 would be received by a CFC membership salesaffiliate for one adult CFC membership fee collected). The proposed new Program’s success may depend heavily upon advertising. I (Kevin Pacey) offer to contact Canadian chess clubs individually by email as one way of advertising a CFC Membership Sales Affiliate Program, if this motion (or perhaps a similar one) is passed at this meeting.

Michael von Keitz
10-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Proposed amendments:

An interesting motion. I would prefer to amend (edit) some items:

2106. CFC MEMBERSHIP-SALES AFFILIATE PROGRAM

2107. Description

CFC Membership-Sales Affiliation (not to be confused with Provincial Affiliation, where a certain organization in each province is recognized by the CFC as the representative group of chess in that province)

(the red text is deleted)

2108. Benefit

For $25 a year (plus HST/GST), a CFC membership-sales affiliate receives a 15% rebate on all CFC (not provincial) dues for all full (i.e. not Tournament or Life) CFC membership fees collected which are submitted to the CFC office within 7 days of their collection by the CFC membership-sales affiliate.

2109. Method of CFC Membership-Sales Affiliation

Any chess organization (or individual) may become a CFC membership-sales affiliate with the CFC for a fee of $25 per year (plus HST/GST). Send this fee to: CFC, 356 Ontario Street, Suite 373, Stratford ON, N5A 7X6

The red text replaced with "The fee is submitted to the CFC office"
In a case an address will change, there will be no need to change sections.

Please someone second them. Thank you.

Seconders: Barron (re: deletion); Mallon (re: CFC office)

Fred McKim
10-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Michael: I don't think the negatives for the amendments are sufficient.

It doesn't give an option for being against amendment 1 or against amendment 2. They should be totally independent.

Aris Marghetis
10-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Again, I respectfully point out that without full before-and-after texts, that it takes a while to figure out what is actually being proposed. I am accessing this meeting through a cellular-stick, hence pay for every download after a monthly minimum. I must abstain.