PDA

View Full Version : 10D) Discussion: Provincial Submissions of Governors - Lyle Craver

Michael von Keitz
06-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Discussion here.

Lyle Craver
07-07-2012, 01:24 PM
I asked for this discussion as nearly every year I have been Secretary some provinces give their Governor lists quicker than others. Most give just the player's name while some give name and membership numbers.

As Secretary, I greatly appreciate getting membership numbers as well as I do 4 things when I get lists of Governors:

1. Verify the nominee is an adult CURRENT member
2. Make sure we have an e-mail on file for them (and contact either the provincial president or secretary or outgoing Governor)
3. Transcribe the info to the new year's incoming voting ledger

4. In addition this year for the first time I have done the Forum permissions for the incoming Governors (this was previously done by Chris Mallon)

It makes my life so much easier if we get both name and membership number as there are several pairs of names on the CFC membership rolls and it is important to ensure that the right person gets Governor-level Forum access.

This year we had a duplicate name and I queried it and it was suggested I was trying to veto the nomination of an otherwise qualified Governor. Nope!

So while I realize provincial affiliates won't be submitting incoming Governor lists for another 11 months, could I please ask that for next year provinces send us:
- player's name
- player's CFC number
- player's e-mail (not needed for returning Governors)

Many thanks,
Lyle Craver
Secretary, Chess Federation of Canada